Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merlin Park hospital

Options
  • 02-06-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I would like to take this opportunity to thank and commend all the staff at Merlin Park Hospital for the brilliant stay that I have just had there,

This has been my 3rd spinal operation in Merlin Park in the last 2 years and I doubt if I could have received better treatment in any other hospital.

It has the feel of what would at one time, in the UK, have been referred to as a "cottage hospital". Very friendly and very caring. Not cold hearted and business like.

As I was the only male patient having spinal treatment, and I have hair in a long pony tail, they will know who I am.
    My thanks to all the staff, administrative, medical and domestic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Who was the surgeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Who was the surgeon?

Mr. John McCabe.

He's a very pleasant, east to talk to person. If you ask the right questions, a lot of people don't, he'll go out of his way to give you all information that you need, including showing you xrays and MRI pics in order to explain what and where the problem is.

He also has a fine team with him, especially his registrar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I'm bumping this up because I was hoping we'd get some reports from other people who have been treated there as an in-patient.

Advertisement