Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermax Complete

• 02-06-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

A couple of years ago I had a Powermax Complete Wireless alarm installed.

The batteries were showing "Low Battery" and I have installed new batteries.

However, the main panel is showing "Ready - Memory" , showing that it has events listed in it's memory.

How do I clear this memory message? I have tried arming and re-arming to no avail.

I have tried contacting the installer, but his mobile is showing "not recognised"

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Is it saying "ready to arm " alarm in memory " .
    Who installed it ?
    Try push the status button 2-3 times quickly until it tells you the problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rick D

Hi Thunderbird2

It's not "talking" the problem. It's on the digital display.

It shows "Ready - (with the time)" then changes to "Ready - Memory"

The installer is no longer with us, gone to install some gate closers on the Pearly ones !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you full set and unset it since this displayed?
    Alternatively scroll through the entire log.

Yes, Armed & disarmed, and fully scrolled through entire log but still flashing away

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And if you keep pressing arrow right untill it goes over everything does it still remain.?

• Advertisement

Yes, been right through the log and it comes back to "List of Events" , still flashing !

And if you do the same with the memory.
    Press the memory/log key >Enter your code & scroll through that.
    The memory prompt is not a major thing & it generally clears after a set / unset cycle anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Can you press the status button repeatedly until it tells you what is wrong then try arm / disarm . Could be an open tamper or low batt . If you have a key fob you can press the status button on it also.

Could be an open tamper or low batt . If you have a key fob you can press the status button on it also.
    Unlikely , as the system is showing ready.
    Rick D wrote: »

However, the main panel is showing "Ready - Memory" , showing that it has events listed in it's memory.

This is just a memory event that is looking for acknowledgement.
    Arm & disarm the system & use it as normal & this notification should disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rick D wrote: »
    Hi Thunderbird2

It's not "talking" the problem. It's on the digital display.

It shows "Ready - (with the time)" then changes to "Ready - Memory"

The installer is no longer with us, gone to install some gate closers on the Pearly ones !

Pressing 7 on the keypad turns on the voice prompts.
    Press the OK button repeatedly to hear all events in log. It will then say ready to arm once all events have being acknowledged.
    Do an away arm, then unset it straight away.
    This should clear any events that are listed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement