Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charging and other problems with s3

Options
  • 02-06-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi
    looking for advice here.

I have a galaxy s3 since last October with emobile.

The phone has been problematic since I got it as in it is freezing a lot where I need to remove the battery to free it and get it going again.

In April, it stopped charging normally....I would have to fiddle with the mini usb and hold it a certain way etc to get it to charge....then it failed altogether. There are many other samsungs in my household with a variety of Samsung chargers and the phone behaved the same way whichever charger was used.

I returned it to the store so they sent it off for me...took over two weeks...when it came back it charged ok but was freezing again before I had even got home again. ...and of course, all my pics, videos etc were gone as it was totally wiped!

Anyway, the last week, the phone has started again with the failure to charge problem...either the charger will not connect at all or it will connect but it discharges it rather than charging it while showing the symbol for charging at the same time!!!!

I am having to use another phone now as I wonder what on earth I can do to get this damn dud phone replaced!!!! Is it possible? Will Samsung replace it for me????

It was on charge last evening for about 8 hours and it went from 14% to 22% in that time. I then fiddled with it a little and overnight...about another 8 hours it actually fully charged. But the thing is, it is totally unreliable...I have quite a good phone, I am well used to using these phones, I had the s2 before this and the S before that.

I fell I can't hand it in for another 2 weeks or more just to get another few weeks from it only to be let down while away on business. I have to carry a spare charged handset with me with sim adaptor at all times!!!!

Please advise on how I can get this problem sorted finally.

I bought it direct from Emobile over the phone and I am in a 18 month contract which runs til next April. They say they can do nothing that all they can do is advise me to go to a store and when I do the store tells me that they are just doing this out of courtesy cos they are only franchise stores. Emobile cust serv say that only within 1 month can I return it. There is a 2 year warranty with it but that is samsung galaxy....has anyone had to deal direct with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Contact Samsung Ireland, the networks here use a crap repair centre. Sammsung will get you to send it to one of their partners who will do a proper repair(part of the 2year manufacturers warranty).

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

thanks...seems like sound advice...will get on to them after the B.H.
    cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

I too am having the same problems,Not charging and screen freeze. Is this a manufacturing fault?

Advertisement