Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be waterfords last mayor?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

decies wrote: »
    He's getting younger , he's actually only 25

26 on Saturday. Said so on WLR this morning talking to Billy McCarthy.

he never got it???...he never once supported a city council budget either...(but then again, neither did john Halligan until he saw the opportunity to get his hands on the mayoralty...he then promptly ditched the workers party and all of his so-called principles!!)

That fellow will say and do things just to be popular.

What's the story about the Mayor in the County this year. All the Labour Councillors since 2009 have served as Mayor or Deputy Mayor. For Fine Gael Nora Flynn and Liam Brazil has served as Mayor, with Deckie Docey and Damien Geoghegan serving as Deputy Mayor. This means that with Ann Marie Power not exactly within the Fine Gael Circle (Maybe she is brought back in) that the last Mayor of the County (as things stand) and Vice Mayor will come from John Carey, Brendan Coffey, Mary Greene, Pat Nugent and Lola O'Sullivan. John Carey, Mary Greene and Lola O'Sullivan if memory serves me right served as Mayor of the Council in the 2004 to 2009 Council meaning that it could be between Pat Nugent and Brendan Coffey. If Anne Marie Power is brought back into Fine Gael, I think she would make an excellent Mayor. If she is not, I think Mary Greene did a lot of work when she was Mayor in and around 2005 or 2006 and would be a worthy last Mayor of the county. Maybe we could see one of those that have filled a position of Mayor or Vice Mayor in the present Council take up a position again.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

he never got it???...he never once supported a city council budget either...(but then again, neither did john Halligan until he saw the opportunity to get his hands on the mayoralty...he then promptly ditched the workers party and all of his so-called principles!!)

Ah yes my anti working class friend. Now I have a pretty good idea what sort of individual you are...

Advertisement