Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best selling season

Options
  • 02-06-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any advice or experience as to what what would be the best selling season / month for a semi-d family home in an nice suburb of a city?

As a helper for buyer profile, possibly between €280k and €360k bracket, based on previous last 4 years sales. The area profile normally attracts families with kids, due to proximity of numerous schools.

Thanks

Comments

In the West, around Race Week time in Galway. Twice we have sold homes then. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Given the slowness of the market, there isn't really a selling season -v- a non-selling season.

However, some of the websites do have a function where you can filter by recent results, so don't put it up in the middle of summer or at Christmas, when people's minds are on other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Traditional it was always the late spring and summer and even better when the sun was shining. Tree's are blooming, people aren't as worried about the cold weather, but now it's anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd say put it on in late September, the summer tends to be quiet, it's still bright and not wintery, buyers will start thinking about getting in somewhere in time for Christmas, the budget is in October so people will be lining up to buy just after that to see where they stand but will view beforehand. Just my opinion though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Is there really a season anymore with the fact there is so few houses going up for sale anymore in some suburbs. I know 2 houses have gone up in my area in the last few weeks. I think if some has cash and wants to buy they will buy anything of the year

• Advertisement
Advertisement