Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my Boy (Itchy) and me - dog on motorbike tips

• 02-06-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Not trying to be smart but looking for serious tips. Summer is behind the door and i have sold my car for the sake of having my dream bike.

I have little boy - jack russell - itchy his name - from simpsons - if anyone wonder.

So i wanna take him out to the beach - to julianstown or rush as he love it there, or maybe for some longer walk to wicklow. Is there anything like a bag or something designed for small breeds to be carried on bike - maybe on my back or even on tank? I have no rails for givi box and not even to planing to fit one (driving fireblade).

Any tips will be a huge help as i cant really find acceptable solutions. Please note he is my boy and i will always drive slow and make sure that he enjoys the ride as much as i will.

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Back box with a hole cut out, and rubber used to stop it being too sharp. Then use a harness on the inside to keep him safe and sound, You would have to start off real slow and short distances....have seen it numerous times on U TOOOB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Where should i fit the back box? On the top of my head? Lol

I am gonna have a coctial on the beach thinking on you freezing there. (Canarys ftw)

I though maybe a backpack kinda style or kids carrier on chest - where i could just put his legs through theholes i guess. I wonder if someone here is driving that way, or saw someone doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

get hold of the civvie on here, he brings one of his dogs in a tank bag on his bike regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Met a guy in France last year with his dog in a bag on the tank.
    It was a cruiser bike so he had plenty of space on the tank and it was pretty flat.

Might not work on a sports bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

I used to put my JR in a tank bag, zipped till only his head out, he loved it. Could pull his head in if too windy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

My dads bike has carried three children, a german shepherd, a labrador and a newfoundland. Beat that!

Or buy it!
    <Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

P.C. wrote: »

Thanks,

Today i spend half a day searching in shops, i found some bags, pet carriers, but i think the tank bag idea is the most practic of all.

Not decided yet but hoping that "civvie" is gonna show up with some pics and tips maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

used to take my rottie on the tank of my gpx strapped to my chest

basically if the dog is game you will find a way and if he aint you wont

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Biker dog got fan of the day on the TT program on ITV4 this evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sorry, second attempt!!

jvan wrote: »
    Sorry, second attempt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nigs

me and a mate were talking about this thread the other week. he says to me remember that little dog (NUBS) that used to fly around naas on the back of the bike. so i get a txt yesterday saying: guess what hes alive and kicking just filtered up the outside of me just now with goggles on.......

so everbody meet nubs...........
    nubs_zps4b6c4f54.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

More like Biggles....nice pic.

Wow. I found the easy way for him. His small cage on my passenger seat. We made 2 jorneys so far and no complains. Actualy now i have troubles to keep him away from the travel cage. Ha

and i just wanna share with you guys what i treasure i have..

and here he goes.. Mr. Itchy himself

20120819_165305_zps05277a1c.jpg

Advertisement