Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for being uncivil

Options
  • 02-06-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am banned from rugby for being 'uncivil'. I want to appeal this because I wasn't uncivil to anyone.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry for the delay, but I've limited access during the course of this week

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you, as set out as the first step of the dispute process outlined above?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fishook

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay, but I've limited access during the course of this week

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you, as set out as the first step of the dispute process outlined above?

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what I even did wrong. He said i pretended to be another user, I never did such a thing. I used the name fishook and apparently someone used a similar name a few months ago.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know the ban message mentioned impersonating another user. Have you PM'd the mod to discuss this further? If so I presume he has confirmed he is standing by his original decision? If the answer to either of these questions is no can you please discuss attempt to resolve this directly with the mod. Only once that avenue is exhausted will the appeal be reviewed here

Thanks

I know the ban message mentioned impersonating another user. Have you PM'd the mod to discuss this further? If so I presume he has confirmed he is standing by his original decision? If the answer to either of these questions is no can you please discuss attempt to resolve this directly with the mod. Only once that avenue is exhausted will the appeal be reviewed here

Thanks

Hello Beasty, yes i PM'd him, but I got no reply. If someone finds my name a problem someone can change it to fishrod or something, I like angling and rugby. I never impersonated anyone, that wouldn't be nice to boards or individual.
    thanks

OK I've tried to get hold of the mod but he's been offline for a few days. Rather than await his return I've had a look at your posts in the Rugby forum. There's nothing there that causes me concern - it would appear the mod believed you registered with this name to wind up a regular who had previously posted with a similar name.

I'm therefore lifting the ban and apologise for any inconvenience

• Advertisement

OK I've tried to get hold of the mod but he's been offline for a few days. Rather than await his return I've had a look at your posts in the Rugby forum. There's nothing there that causes me concern - it would appear the mod believed you registered with this name to wind up a regular who had previously posted with a similar name.

I'm therefore lifting the ban and apologise for any inconvenience

Hello Beasty, I almost forgot to thank you. Furthermore, apologies for any inconviencies caused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement