Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 02-06-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I'm going up to Belfast (and probably Fermanagh) for a weekend and are looking which option to use for my mobile data connection there.

I'm using Bill Pay Vodafone on my phone and have an eMobile pre-paid surf stick for my laptop.
    I'll probably be ok with the roaming charges on my phone, as I don't need it that much, but definitely need something fast (especially upload, a I'm going to upload photos) for my laptop. What would be the best and cheapest network to use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Enable Passport & Passport Mobile Internet and roam on Vodafone UK tethered via your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

testicle wrote: »
    Enable Passport & Passport Mobile Internet and roam on Vodafone UK tethered via your phone.
    That's ok for my phone use (Twitter and Google Maps mainly), but way too expensive for my uploads (I'll easily be using about 1GB per day).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Is your eMobile device locked to that network? Presumably you could get a UK sim and stick it in if not.

Otherwise you'd have to get another dongle or mi-fi device and get a UK sim.

If you are getting a UK sim you may have difficulty ordering one for a ROI address.

Advertisement