Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does your beagle sleep?

• 02-06-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm hopefully going to get a beagle in the coming weeks as soon as the right one comes along.

I have done a lot of research on the bread and have started to get bits for the dog so I can be ready, including fencing off the garden.

I have 2 main questions,

When he's fully grown, what size crate will I need?

And secondly

I'm currently reading beagles for dummies and am finding it quite good but it says you should bring ur beagle in its crate up to your room when you sleep for ever?

I wanted to have it in the utility room. Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

;)
    256561.jpg

.... To answer your question yes you can train the pup to sleep in the utility room - it doesn't have to be in your bedroom forever but it's ok to have it in your room if that's what you want. It's not going to be plotting to take over the world and it's perfectly ok for it to sleep on your bed - you'll hear the old wives tails about the dog thinking it's above you and other crap like that but do what you want! When my dog was a young puppy he slept upstairs in my room in his crate..then on/beside my bed then he decided he was a big boy at around 6-7 months and stayed downstairs at night all of a sudden. When we get our new pup it'll be upstairs with me at least until it's toilet trained since I'll be doing the one bringing it out and for as long as it wants to sleep upstairs in my room - the longer the better for me lol :pac:

EDIT - for a crate check out jebbtools.ie - most places that sell crates will some breeds to give an idea of size.. they suggest XL which I'd say is about right for a beagle - we have XXX Large and it's Huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I had to give away our beagle pup she was far too wild for the kids she was one crazy b**ch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

We have a crate for ours. It's a necessity for a young beagle otherwise they tend to chew things. He's 9 months at this stage and very much at home in the crate so much so that if he gets bored in the evenings he'll trot out and get into it himself.

Advertisement