Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound bar / surround sound advice please

• 02-06-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Im thinking of investing in a sound bar system and was looking to get some advice.

I have a samsung series 5 lcd tv with optical out, its not a smart tv but full hd. Connected to the tv I have sky hd box via hdmi, and in the other hdmi socket a duronics 4 way hdmi adaptor with samsung blu ray player and wii u console connected via hdmi cable.

Im looking for a wireless solution that will enhance my movie watching experience, with improved audio, and a dairly decent surround sound tupe effect. At the moment I dont want speakers everywhere and certainly no cables.

In addition, I love music , and at present do not have a dedicated hi fi in my lounge, I tend to listen to music through my tablet or phone via my spotify account. The sound bar will need to be decent at reproducing music too.

My budget is around 500euro.

Ive been looking at the LG options that have good reviews, also the sonus playbar option , though well out of my budget range.

Question is, which setup / soundbar would you recommend? Is paying the extra for the Sonus worth it?

Many thanks in advance

Advertisement