Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Gym Cork

Options
  • 02-06-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anybody know if there is an outdoor gym in Cork city? Preferably near the UCC campus. I'm looking for a place with both pull up bars and parallel bars. Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Look for a local playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ItsCon

swingking wrote: »

Bit far outside of town. I'm looking for something in walking distance really

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ItsCon wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is an outdoor gym in Cork city? Preferably near the UCC campus. I'm looking for a place with both pull up bars and parallel bars. Any info appreciated!

I've not heard of an outdoor gym in Cork though but you should try asking in the Cork City forum over here maybe for more localised information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My favourite outdoor dip bars & pullup bars are not intended for that purpose. The dip bar is a right angled railing, and the "pullup bar" is an overhanging edge on a roof/shelter.

So keep an eye out for alternatives. Many car parks have high limiting bars which can be used for chins, and might have railings for bikes for dips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ItsCon

rubadub wrote: »
    My favourite outdoor dip bars & pullup bars are not intended for that purpose. The dip bar is a right angled railing, and the "pullup bar" is an overhanging edge on a roof/shelter.

So keep an eye out for alternatives. Many car parks have high limiting bars which can be used for chins, and might have railings for bikes for dips.

I agree that the bike rack would be ideal for dips but a roof edge wouldn't be great for muscle ups and other movements. I'll probably have to adapt alright tho and use equipment designed for different use!

Advertisement