Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog allegedly lured to its death by University of Limerick students in drunken game?

Comments

Someone has started a petition so those who are responsible for this are brought to justice. A petition shouldn't be necessary for something to be done but anyway,

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/brought-to-justice-for-the-callous-death-of/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

1106 signatures already

Mc Love wrote: »
    1106 signatures already

Won't take too long to hit 5000 I'd say. The president of UL will have a lot on his plate tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So will the Editor or the Marketing dept of the Examiner by the looks of things!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shame they never proof-read the petition before making it official.
    Nothing says "pointless Internet petition" like a mis-spelled, punctuation-free scribble.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    So will the Editor or the Marketing dept of the Examiner by the looks of things!?

Yup. Not the best weekend for the city :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

shaaane wrote: »
    Won't take too long to hit 5000 I'd say. The president of UL will have a lot on his plate tomorrow

Without any evidence he'd be foolish to even comment on the article.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 beerfart

What does been a college student have to do with anything? Would the report say the same thing if the youths worked in a fast food outlet?
    "Dog lured to death by fast food workers in drunken game."
    People love giving students a bad name.

They should not be expelled from college but the guards should be dealing with it

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

Idiots with the bloody petition.

As is the Limerick Leader for not just writing in whether there is or is not an investigation going on.

At this point, only the original letter writer and his brother in law appear to have been in a position to identify anyone and nobody seems to have asked (not the limerick leader anyway).

So at this point, we have one person writing a letter claiming something which the limerick leader appear not to have even checked whether there has been even a CALL to the gardai or ISPCA and the white knights are out in force.

If this is a joke, it's a cruel one - but then, not as cruel as a dog dying. So I hope it is a joke...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sterilisation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

beerfart wrote: »
    What does been a college student have to do with anything? Would the report say the same thing if the youths worked in a fast food outlet?

They should not be expelled from college but the guards should be dealing with it

No matter who did this in work or collage should be expelled or fired, simple as! your out look is one through blinkers!

Without any evidence he'd be foolish to even comment on the article.

UL have commented on it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

UL have commented on it already.

It was the SU that commented on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

How do they know it was UL students?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 beerfart

deadeye187 wrote: »
    No matter who did this in work or collage should be expelled or fired, simple as! your out look is one through blinkers!

No they shouldn't, don't need anyone else on welfare, whats the point of getting fired from a job or expelled from college and then they get a new job or get a new college course I don't see the point of it. They should be named and shamed so people that know them know what they did. At the end of the day it will be forgotten about by 99.99% of Ireland but their friends and family will always know which is the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it was a student then I would expect them to be expelled if convicted of the crime as I would doubt any education centre would want anything to do with such a sick in head individual, the same way I would expect the fast food worker to be fired from there job if convicted as no employer would want any association with them either.

This type of cruelty has no place in a civilised society and anyone who gets some sort of thrill from it should really be locked up in a padded cell away from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

No they shouldn't, don't need anyone else on welfare, whats the point of getting fired from a job or expelled from college and then they get a new job or get a new college course I don't see the point of it. They should be named and shamed so people that know them know what they did. At the end of the day it will be forgotten about by 99.99% of Ireland but their friends and family will always know which is the main thing.

Can`t agree with that. If indeed they are students of the college they should face the repercussions of their actions. They should be brought before the courts and also expelled from college.

h2005 wrote: »
    How do they know it was UL students?

It seems like they don't. Or if they do, it hasn't been published yet. They only seem to have statements from locals who are assuming it was UL students. As someone said a few posts back, the President of UL shouldn't comment on the article until the proof is there, but UL have commented on it already. Whether is was management or SU, the point is that they are involved now. I'm sure we'll hear much more in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

It seems like they don't. Or if they do, it hasn't been published yet. They only seem to have statements from locals who are assuming it was UL students. As someone said a few posts back, the President of UL shouldn't comment on the article until the proof is there, but UL have commented on it already. Whether is was management or SU, the point is that they are involved now. I'm sure we'll hear much more in the morning.

UL president and the SU president are far from the same thing. The university itself has not commented on the matter yet.

garv123 wrote: »
    UL president and the SU president are far from the same thing. The university itself has not commented on the matter yet.

Oh I know that. But is the SU president there to represent the students on behalf of UL?

• Advertisement

Oh I know that. But is the SU president there to represent the students on behalf of UL?

he represents the students and he was right to defend the students. again when it comes to students claimed to be involved in something they all get tarred with the same brush and he defended that.

The UL president is the one who would be representing the University itself.

garv123 wrote: »
    he represents the students and he was right to defend the students. again when it comes to students claimed to be involved in something they all get tarred with the same brush and he defended that.

The UL president is the one who would be representing the University itself.

But Adam never said that they were not student. He is trying to protect other student from that group, which he refers to as students, that did this. The responce from the university was one that questioned if they were students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Being covered on the Joe Duffy Show today, RTE Radio 1, 1.45pm.

tippman1 wrote: »

Was anyone from ul on it?

Jester252 wrote: »
    Was anyone from ul on it?

I didnt hear anything about it. Although I did have it on mute and checked every 10 mins or so.

Haven't all serial killers done something like this when they were young?
    It must be such a gratifying thing to torture and murder a helpless animal crying out in pain.
    Some teenagers do need isolation from society, even though they hide it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Hell isn't half hot enough for whatever sick sadists did this. Personally I don't care whether they are students or not, they are scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Haven't all serial killers done something like this when they were young?
    It must be such a gratifying thing to torture and murder a helpless animal crying out in pain.
    Some teenagers do need isolation from society, even though they hide it well.

They didn't "torture and murder" the dog FFS.

Jesus people, it was a horrible act, but the amount of hyperbole is getting out of control.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They didn't "torture and murder" the dog FFS.

Jesus people, it was a horrible act, but the amount of hyperbole is getting out of control.

I didn't post that they did, but others do things like that.
    They lured a dog to its death FFS, what's wrong with that? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

tippman1 wrote: »
    I was listening throughout the programme but they never got to covering it.

Ronan Collins referred to this issue coming up on the JD show when he previewed it around 12.30pm. They might do it tomorrow.

Advertisement