Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog allegedly lured to its death by University of Limerick students in drunken game?

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah, I'm not saying that UL students did it one way or another. I have no idea, I wasn't there. I'd like to think that they wouldn't be so cruel. At the moment it's just one person's word against another. I've seen some people on Facebook saying that the person won't put their name on it because of the threat of expulsion. I seriously doubt UL would expel people on the basis of hearsay or mob rule.

At times like this you should remember that Facebook is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

pepe02 wrote: »
    I still question the responsibility of the driver. You can't go running over dogs and just continue about your business as if nothing happened. Especially when this has escalated to the levels that it has.

This is a great point that no one seems to have answered yet. The article suggests that after the dog was hit (if indeed there was a dog) the driver just continued on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This is a great point that no one seems to have answered yet. The article suggests that after the dog was hit (if indeed there was a dog) the driver just continued on.

It could just be that the driver didn't even see the dog....it was a small terrier and if a group of people was in the road playing with a football as the van approached, it's very possible a driver would be distracted enough not to notice a small dog running out under the van's wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

tippman1 wrote: »
    It could just be that the driver didn't even see the dog....it was a small terrier and if a group of people was in the road playing with a football as the van approached, it's very possible a driver would be distracted enough not to notice a small dog running out under the van's wheels.

The people were on the green...

You would feel rolling over a rabbit. Of course you'd feel a dog going under the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Before I read this I assumed it was Junior Cert student... How wrong was I...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

garv123 wrote: »

You would feel rolling over a rabbit. Of course you'd feel a dog going under the wheel.

Not necessarily to be honest... The dog was 4 months old.. A pup.. The driver was in a van... So its quite easy for the driver to completely miss the dog.. Probably didnt even see what these so called students were up to.. Are you telling me that when youre driving on a road that youre constantly watching out to see if even a cat runs out in front of you. I have to admit that whilst I say that, yes I would be very cautious but when youre in a van its a different story. You are so high up in a van that you wont see the dog especially a dog that small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Not necessarily to be honest... The dog was 4 months old.. A pup.. The driver was in a van... So its quite easy for the driver to completely miss the dog.. Probably didnt even see what these so called students were up to.. Are you telling me that when youre driving on a road that youre constantly watching out to see if even a cat runs out in front of you. I have to admit that whilst I say that, yes I would be very cautious but when youre in a van its a different story. You are so high up in a van that you wont see the dog especially a dog that small

It wasnt that kind of van at all according to the report.. It would be normal height to the road like a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

garv123 wrote: »

According to the letter attributed to a UL student, the group were split between four locations when the van arrived and struck the pup. They were, according to the letter, standing on both sides of the road, on the green, and outside of one of their houses.

Advertisement