Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky router ?

• 02-06-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Will a sky router work on a line that is enabled for eircom ? I think there is a problem with the router and I can only check it where there is eircom broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

It will sync up, i.e. connect to the exchange but will not have internet access, those modems are locked down. Not sure what lights are on the sky hub to tell you what is happening.

But if its a line issue then i would assume there is no sync on the sky hub, so connecting to a eircom enabled line should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Thats grand thanks,
    There is a amber light when synched which turns white when you have internet access.
    Mine was staying amber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Yeah if the Sky hub is working grand it should have at least 2 but most likely 3 lights. A power, an internet, a wireless and possible even a Sky box

Advertisement