Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad accommodation

Options
  • 02-06-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at masters courses in Ucd and I know that the accommodation booking opens in early June. If I was to get an offer I would not be able to fulfil the conditions of the offer until I get my final results towards the end of June. By the time I get a UCD email account would it then be too late to book a place on campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I'm looking at masters courses in Ucd and I know that the accommodation booking opens in early June. If I was to get an offer I would not be able to fulfil the conditions of the offer until I get my final results towards the end of June. By the time I get a UCD email account would it then be too late to book a place on campus?

If it's the MAcc I'm pretty sure nobody from outside of UCD was able to get accommodation in Proby. Bit of a pain! But then I heard that the accommodation doesn't even have an oven due to fire safety concerns...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Aha Shake wrote: »
    If it's the MAcc I'm pretty sure nobody from outside of UCD was able to get accommodation in Proby. Bit of a pain! But then I heard that the accommodation doesn't even have an oven due to fire safety concerns...
    Yes thats the one but the accommodation situation in UCD is putting me off it. I don't know Dublin well enough to look for an off campus place.
    Proby is right beside Smurfit but im thinking it could be better to live nearer Belfield since all the campus facilities are there/

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Yes thats the one but the accommodation situation in UCD is putting me off it. I don't know Dublin well enough to look for an off campus place.
    Proby is right beside Smurfit but im thinking it could be better to live nearer Belfield since all the campus facilities are there/

Ya I got a place in Blackrock with 2 friends who were also doing the course so that was handy. A lot of people get accommodation on the DART line which isn't too bad.

I'm not sure how hard it is to get Belfield but from my memory we didn't get our student numbers etc. until after we submitted our CAP1 exemption forms.

Best bet would be to e-mail them (not sure whom) soon anyways as the waiting list is crazy long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Ya I got a place in Blackrock with 2 friends who were also doing the course so that was handy. A lot of people get accommodation on the DART line which isn't too bad.

I'm not sure how hard it is to get Belfield but from my memory we didn't get our student numbers etc. until after we submitted our CAP1 exemption forms.

Best bet would be to e-mail them (not sure whom) soon anyways as the waiting list is crazy long.
    Do you know if the accommodation office provide assistance to you in getting places off campus? The DART line is not far away so that would be an option but I wouldn't have a clue where to look
    Im actually doing some research for next year so I still have one more year of my undergrad. I wont get my final results until the end of June 2014 and by the time I get a student number i think it will be too late to get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Hey just quick question about the CAP1 exemptions if u don't mind? I won't be able to claim my CAP1s until after the start date due to the need to sit a module I was sick for in my own college. Will this be a major problem do you know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement