Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get high grade in HL Irish just learning stuff off?

• 02-06-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, so basically Irish is one of my weakest subjects. Got a D in the JC but also got the same in French and am now at C/B standard so I still have hope.

Basically my greatest asset is that I can just learn stuff off fairly easily which is what has allowed me to improve my French 10 fold (possibly exaggeration) over the last month or so.

Is it possible in Irish to just learn certain things off and be sorted for the exam. If so, what? I've been landed with a poor teacher but I'm not going to let that be an excuse for not doing well.

Also I've noticed in french we learn the verbs verb by verb, which is working extremely well for me and has connected them all in my head clearly. In Irish up to now I've been told to go tense by tense if you get me, which has meant I really don't understand at all. Anyway can I apply this french method to Irish, I know they are two completely different languages but I just mean the system as a whole.

Kind of went off topic but anyway thanks haha.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Sorry I can't answer your question but I'm just wondering how do you learn off an essay?? :confused: like most of my class do it ..like do you keep learning it from the start and keep going back etc. I don't know if that made any sense! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Sorry I can't answer your question but I'm just wondering how do you learn off an essay?? :confused: like most of my class do it ..like do you keep learning it from the start and keep going back etc. I don't know if that made any sense! :P

I'd say break it down into chunks and learn a bit at a time. Or you could do it by learning what the english translation is, then learning off the english essay in bullet points (easy enough) then just translating on the day.

Advertisement