Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer - eFibre time

Options
  • 02-06-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Few questions regarding an order I made today for eFibre on eircoms site today. I'm currently not an eircom customer (however a member in the house I live was roughly a year ago before disconnecting the line)

I was wondering if there's any issue with eircom entering an 18 month contract with somebody who is not the homeowner.

Next question is just regarding the order. The e-mail I received following entering my bank details says

"We are currently processing your Fibre broadband order. Once your order is processed, we will be in contact in the next few weeks to arrange an installation appointment"

Does it really take a few weeks just to get in contact with somebody? I'm hoping to get connected as soon as possible and it seems if its a few weeks to get an account, and then however long it takes to activate the line and send equipment such as a modem/phone it could be an awfully long process. Would you happen to know roughly how long it would take?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Willbbz wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Few questions regarding an order I made today for eFibre on eircoms site today. I'm currently not an eircom customer (however a member in the house I live was roughly a year ago before disconnecting the line)

I was wondering if there's any issue with eircom entering an 18 month contract with somebody who is not the homeowner.

Next question is just regarding the order. The e-mail I received following entering my bank details says

"We are currently processing your Fibre broadband order. Once your order is processed, we will be in contact in the next few weeks to arrange an installation appointment"

Does it really take a few weeks just to get in contact with somebody? I'm hoping to get connected as soon as possible and it seems if its a few weeks to get an account, and then however long it takes to activate the line and send equipment such as a modem/phone it could be an awfully long process. Would you happen to know roughly how long it would take?

Thanks!

Hi Willbbz

As long as it's your name on the account you can place the order for efibrebroadband which comes with an 18 month contract. If the telephone account belongs to somebody else then this is not permitted.

When ordering efibre online a delay can happen and as you are not currentlywith eircom I would recommend calling our sales team (1800503303) to arrange transferring back to eircom and when your line and broadband is back with eircom you then call back to place the order for an upgrade to efibre. 

Transferring a line and broadband back to eircom is a certain requirementbefore upgrading to efibre if you currently have service from another provider and this can take up to 15 working days and in some cases longer depending on the status of your broadband with the other provider. 

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Thanks Alan

I've been in contact with sales and they are currently enabling my line now and asked I call back in 3 days when it is active. Is there anyway I can know for sure it is active before calling?

Also seeing as this is going down as an upgrade now, will my line be active for NGB until the technician calls out to enable my home for eFiber?

I was told it may take up to 13 days from yesterday until I will have broadband in the house. Is this accurate?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Willbbz wrote: »
    Thanks Alan

I've been in contact with sales and they are currently enabling my line now and asked I call back in 3 days when it is active. Is there anyway I can know for sure it is active before calling?

Also seeing as this is going down as an upgrade now, will my line be active for NGB until the technician calls out to enable my home for eFiber?

I was told it may take up to 13 days from yesterday until I will have broadband in the house. Is this accurate?

Thanks!
    Hi Willbbz

The information you were supplied is indeed accurate. You will not have NGB or normal broadband before efibre is installed as this also takes up to 10 working days for installation/enablement.

Regards

Al

Advertisement