Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when to sell cichlid babies

Options
  • 03-06-2013 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi.

My African Cichlids recently had some fry.
    I wanted to know what size do they have to be for them to be sold.
    I've got 45 that are now about a month old out of mothers' mouths.
    Does anyone know if pet shops buy Cichlid babies?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

Best way to find out mate is ask, but the younger they are the cheaper they are depending on the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Have to call back tomorrow into a local pet store. Manager wasn't in today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

What are they?

Your best bet is to try sell them privately. You'll get more than the shops will give you. Then try sell the rest to the shops.

Hi. I'll see what the shop offers me, as I have a felling I am going to probably spend more on them by the time they're grow, than what the shop will offer me.

They're electric yellow African Cichlids.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

See will they do swaps for food and stuff you need, might get better value for money than asking for cash..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Fair enough. You should be able to shift them easily enough. Yellow labs are always in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You'll probably find that by the time they are of the size to be sold, you have put a lot of time, effort and money into them and the financial reward might not be what you think.

I have done it before and I won't do it again. Unless you're doing it on a big scale it just isn't worth it.

That's why I want to get rid of them ASAP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

i would be interested in a few of them if you decide to sell privately, send me on a mail if you go this route ;)

Wasn't told the price I would get, but asked to grow them a bit longer until they start eating pellets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement