Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some people make me sick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The people involved in that are nothing but absolute scum and nothing to do with being a student or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

This is horrendous. I think I know which dog it was too. Horrible people to do something like that to a poor dog and then just jeer. As an animal lover, this sickens me.
    I do not, however, believe that the fact they were students from UL needed to be in that article. That piece of information was tarnishing and irrelevant. I couldn't give a damn if they were from UL, LIT or not from Limerick at all, it was still terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Scum!:mad: Any hope of them being done for Animal cruelty?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Horrendous incident but how do they seem so sure that it was university students? It could equally be secondary school students celebrating end of year no? Aren't most UL students gone from campus or am I missing something?

In any case I hope the perpetrators are brought to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

You would imagine most students would be well gone from college court at this stage. OP I don't think there's any need for you to be ashamed to be a UL student, these individuals are not representative of UL or the majority of the students in UL, the fact that they are from UL is irrelevant. They're just scum, students or not, although if the individuals responsible are involved the should hopefully face disciplinary action from the university.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

The people posting on facebook are taking it way too far. Saying UL should be shut down, and all students should be put down? I really love dogs, I'm the weakest person ever but if anyone did that to any of my dogs I would actually kill them, but all the facts are not known. There is no hard evidence that the people were even from UL. As ProfanityURL said "You would imagine most students would be well gone from college court at this stage" which is true. Why would people be celebrating their exams finishing two weeks after they have actually finished?

I also don't think there's a need to be ashamed to be a UL student. Should we be ashamed as Irish people for the likes of Larry Murphy, the Catholic Church and the IRA? & whoever else.

It is a really sad story though, I really hope this post hasn't caused anyone offence.
    I hope the truth is found & justice is served.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm ashamed to be a ul student because I could be linked to such scum. I, like them, decided to go to UL. I never decided to be Irish. It just makes me sad that there could be these types of people in UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Kind of suspicious about the student claim, would like that to be confirmed before pointing the finger. Either way, I think it's a pretty terrible thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Terrible thing if it happened. I wonder why the person who saw this incident didn't say anything to the individuals involved before a dog potentially got hurt/murdered.

While a terrible game; the driver should have also seen what the people were doing and have driven slower.

The person who saw this should have contacted the gardai instead of waiting to contact a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Have a few things to say on this, none of them are really linked too well so its easier if i just list them

1.)Whoever committed this act, whether they are UL students, 2nd level students or random people in the area, are made of a special kind of evil and I hope they are caught. No excuses can be made for people who act in that way, its cruel twisted behaviour no matter what your background is, how your upbringing was or whether or not you had been drinking. I'm a massive dog lover and the thought of what happened to that dog turns my stomach.

2.) Is anyone aware of when this was supposed to have happened? Judging by when the article was published it would seem unlikely it was students. AFAIK exams finished on the 20th. Who the hell stays in college court for another 10 days? I stayed behind a couple of days after my last exam on the 18th but was moved home way before this seemed to happened. A firm date of when this happened would help a lot

3.) The majority of the people on the FB page are not worth engaging. Their mind is made up about what happened and are just demanding their pound of flesh without bothering to think if their is something more to this story. The SU are quite correct in not engaging with them until a better understanding of what happened is obtained. Its similar to any other big FB scandal in the past year, the Madison nightclub fiasco having a lot in common. People are going to jump on this as their latest bandwagon to show how they deep they are and how up to date they are with the scandals in the country.

4.) I saw on FB that Adam said that out of a 400 word plus statement he gave, they published only a very selective part (circa 63 words). Words and statements are very easily misconstrued when taken on their own without the full context being published/known. If this is true then shame on the Leader, for such a harrowing story, they owe a duty to publish what Adam said in full

5.) I'm a UL student with one degree concluded (barring any repeats) and about to start a masters. UL students got tarred by a big brush by the actions of a minority of people that may/may not be students. But to say you are ashamed to go here because of the actions of a couple of scumbags is an over reaction imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The amount of idiots commenting on the SU facebook is ridiculous.

That's nice, we know you're disgusted. But how in the name of god are the SU going to 'name and shame' the responsible people!!

They may not even go to UL!!

My god, make extra space on the bandwagon that's going nowhere!

This is a matter for the Gardaí and LSPCA so I don't know why everyone's trying to get the SU to do something. Do they want the sabbats to go out dressed as Sherlock and Watson and solve the mystery themselves??

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    The amount of idiots commenting on the SU facebook is ridiculous.

That's nice, we know you're disgusted. But how in the name of god are the SU going to 'name and shame' the responsible people!!

They may not even go to UL!!

My god, make extra space on the bandwagon that's going nowhere!

This is a matter for the Gardaí and LSPCA so I don't know why everyone's trying to get the SU to do something. Do they want the sabbats to go out dressed as Sherlock and Watson and solve the mystery themselves??

Did you see the group started on facebook? :pac: they demand a public apology from the SU.

UL have said they were told by gardai that no one reported the incident but yet they´re all going mad on facebook :confused:

garv123 wrote: »
    Did you see the group started on facebook? :pac: they demand a public apology from the SU.

UL have said they were told by gardai that no one reported the incident but yet they´re all going mad on facebook :confused:

https://www.facebook.com/PetitionToExpelTheUlStudentsWhoLuredADogToItsDeath

This group?

talk about bandwagonning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Jester252 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to be a ul student because I could be linked to such scum. I, like them, decided to go to UL. I never decided to be Irish. It just makes me sad that there could be these types of people in UL.

You are ashamed to be a UL student why. As an Allumni of UL I am not ashamed to have gone there and be associated with the university what I am ashamed of is people who think we are all like them and people like you who don't stand up and show that we are not and are as disgusted as everyone else. That is of course they are students.

Why the quote of never decided to be Irish. I am proud to be Irish I am proud of my past. There are people like this in every county in Ireland and in every Country in the word we are not special in that way. If you think we are then you are very deluded. I suggest you read about the rescent troubles in India and Brazil in terms of rape.

There are horrible bad people everywhere it up to the good to show it is the minority and not to coward away and say I am ashamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

That horrible who could do this to an poor innocent dog!:mad: How sick are some people?!:( Hope they get caught! It has nothing to do with them being UL students so I'm not sure why everyone is ashamed. These lads and the people who jeered, were sick human beings, just because they're in third level students in UL doesn't automatically mean they're upstanding citizens of Ireland if they were students at all!

You are ashamed to be a UL student why. As an Allumni of UL I am not ashamed to have gone there and be associated with the university what I am ashamed of is people who think we are all like them and people like you who don't stand up and show that we are not and are as disgusted as everyone else. That is of course they are students.

Why the quote of never decided to be Irish. I am proud to be Irish I am proud of my past. There are people like this in every county in Ireland and in every Country in the word we are not special in that way. If you think we are then you are very deluded. I suggest you read about the rescent troubles in India and Brazil in terms of rape.

There are horrible bad people everywhere it up to the good to show it is the minority and not to coward away and say I am ashamed

Why can't I be ashamed? I know a lot of people who were ashamed of being Irish after the incident in Galway last year.
    Well we both attended the same university that also educates the accused dog killers. I have ever right to be ashamed that the university that I choice to attend could have allowed these scum into it. Its another black mark on UL poor record that the university is trying to improve. During my time in UL I met what seemed like most of the university and everyone seemed so nice but this made me change my view on the average UL student.

Why can't I be ashamed? I know a lot of people who were ashamed of being Irish after the incident in Galway last year.
    Well we both attended the same university that also educates the accused dog killers. I have ever right to be ashamed that the university that I choice to attend could have allowed these scum into it. Its another black mark on UL poor record that the university is trying to improve. During my time in UL I met what seemed like most of the university and everyone seemed so nice but this made me change my view on the average UL student.

What? ah here come on now.. The university does not screen every single leaving cert person and check to see if they have committed any prior juvenile offences.. Which university would?
    You apply for a space. put in the effort in the leaving and get you're place and thats it..
    How is it ULs fault for letting these people in ? :confused: If it turned out it was students I guarantee these people probably haven't a single black mark to their name prior to this that someone could even notice and say "no you're not welcome here, you might kill a dog"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Why would one incident that has only occurred once, by people it hasn't been confirmed are actually from UL and even if they were, don't hold the same values towards animals as anyone else... change your view on the average UL student?
    You can be ashamed if you want, that's your choice. UL (if it was students) wouldn't know that was the type of people they allowed in. It's not exactly on the CAO and it's very rare person who would purposely kill a dog.

garv123 wrote: »
    What? ah here come on now.. The university does not screen every single leaving cert person and check to see if they have committed any prior juvenile offences.. Which university would?
    You apply for a space. put in the effort in the leaving and get you're place and thats it..
    How is it ULs fault for letting these people in ? :confused: If it turned out it was students I guarantee these people probably haven't a single black mark to their name prior to this that someone could even notice and say "no you're not welcome here, you might kill a dog"

I know how the LC works. I never said its was UL fault. I am just disgust that the University I attended is now linked to such an act.

• Advertisement

Allowed them really they pick and chose there entrants and here was me thinking it was by CAO points well I look like I FELL SO SPECIAL NOW:rolleyes:. They got in the same way you did and how could they have known. That is if they are students. And if you think they represent the average student then I don't know what to think I mean why the HELL DID YOU GO THERE THEN. With that incident in Galway people were not ashamed to be in Ireland but ashamed it could happen in Ireland a very big difference.

I know how the LC works. I never said its was UL fault. I am just disgust that the University I attended is now linked to such an act.

Yes you did read your own message I and another poster have it in bold in our replies to you. You said you are ashamed they allowed them in my mind that means you held UL responsible to allowing them to study there.

What martin said.

Yes you did read your own message I and another poster have it in bold in our replies to you. You said you are ashamed they allowed them in my mind that means you held UL responsible to allowing them to study there.

Sigh I was talking about the maturity levels. I hope that people attend 3rd level will have a bit of cop on but that seem to not be the case. To allow people like these into 3rd level is just shameful

Sigh I was talking about the maturity levels. I hope that people attend 3rd level will have a bit of cop on but that seem to not be the case. To allow people like these into 3rd level is just shameful

How do you suggest colleges now check for maturity levels? sit people down and say "boobies" and see if they giggle?

How would you suggest they stop people like this getting into third level when they have no idea who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

Were they definitely UL students?

And again please explain how UL or any university/college is meant to do this. It looks like you realised what you wrote down was wrong and you don't want to admit it. Were you not just talking about matiurity

One resident claims they were by the look of em. :D thats definite proof :D

No one knows but according to the person who set up the facebook page the wife was sure they were UL students.

• Advertisement

And again please explain how UL or any university/college is meant to do this. It looks like you realised what you wrote down was wrong and you don't want to admit it. Were you not just talking about matiurity

Sigh I am ashamed that people like them could make it into a UL. After years of eduction they still don't have any sort of cop on and are just kids in adult bodies. It show how bad eduction in this country is that these people don't know basic human interaction.

Advertisement