Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some people make me sick

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

Chimaera wrote: »

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a student but I'm much more inclined to believe this version of events. A group of students at that time of the year are much more likely to be outside packing up their cars preparing to leave than drinking in the middle of the day well after the exams have finished and everyone else is gone home. And the game she describes with the lamp post seems plausible, we regularly play such games with a sliotar or a football. Some people will dispute the story because its anonymous but considering the mass hysteria and threats that have been directed at these students over the past few days I reckon its fairly understandable that they would wish to remain anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

This 'ball game' sounds totally implausible. So they were hitting a ball at a lamp post ? Must have good aim , otherwise , you would be retrieving the ball every few seconds . Doesnt sound like a credible game at all. Seems to me that 'the game' was to trick the dog. Perhaps thats why the driver was caught unawares , as to achieve the result of the dog running under the van would take skill and good timing from the students.
    In related news , the mother of the boy who owned the dog has commented in todays leader , so this event is not a fiction as some idiots are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

teddyhead wrote: »
    This 'ball game' sounds totally implausible. So they were hitting a ball at a lamp post ? Must have good aim , otherwise , you would be retrieving the ball every few seconds . Doesnt sound like a credible game at all. Seems to me that 'the game' was to trick the dog. Perhaps thats why the driver was caught unawares , as to achieve the result of the dog running under the van would take skill and good timing from the students.
    In related news , the mother of the boy who owned the dog has commented in todays leader , so this event is not a fiction as some idiots are saying.

No you see not every one sounds as stupid and has more sense than that... People go either side of the pole.. Stuff like that are common school games when bored and just waiting around..

We used try hit a bin in school or people either side of the goal trying to hit the crossbar..
    And i also love how you think they planned all this out to kill the dog :pac:

garv123 wrote: »
    No you see not every one sounds as stupid and has more sense than that... People go either side of the pole.. Stuff like that are common school games when bored and just waiting around..

We used try hit a bin in school or people either side of the goal trying to hit the crossbar..
    And i also love how you think they planned all this out to kill the dog :pac:

Well im not familiar with the area. I'll take another look at the photo to see where the 'catchers' may have stood.
    Typical for the overly defensive students to resort instantly to sneering and name calling.
    This affair would have blown over by now if the student reps were less condescending and arrogant and didnt try to play down this thing.
    I dont think this is 100% the fault of students either but they do seem to have shown a total lack of cop on or respect for the animal.
    It is a fact that students are implicated in this, one has written to the leader and said so.

Well im not familiar with the area. I'll take another look at the photo to see where the 'catchers' may have stood.
    Typical for the overly defensive students to resort instantly to sneering and name calling.
    This affair would have blown over by now if the student reps were less condescending and arrogant and didnt try to play down this thing.
    I dont think this is 100% the fault of students either but they do seem to have shown a total lack of cop on or respect for the animal.
    It is a fact that students are implicated in this, one has written to the leader and said so.

Students name calling and sneering?

Go on to the facepages and look at the comments and name calling from idiot adults who are so tough behind keyboards

• Advertisement

Students name calling and sneering?

Go on to the facepages and look at the comments and name calling from idiot adults who are so tough behind keyboards

Well I wouldnt condone that at all , from either side.
    This affair has stirred up some emotions and irrational ,nastiness is totally unhelpful. I think the initial 'poo poo-ing' of the story by the SU was a big mistake from a PR point of view. Of course technically UL can totally ignore this, they are not legally responsible in any way.
    I just assumed they might value their reputation , in the community , but seemingly , they dont.

This affair has stirred up some emotions and irrational ,nastiness is totally unhelpful. I think the initial 'poo poo-ing' of the story by the SU was a big mistake from a PR point of view. Of course technically UL can totally ignore this, they are not legally responsible in any way.
    I just assumed they might value their reputation , in the community , but seemingly , they dont.

So them launching their own investigation into the matter makes you think they dont value their reputation or the community?
    Did you know the gardai told UL they were the first to approach them about the issue?

And The SU is almost like a company who represents the students.
    The University itself it a whole other group of members.
    And Adam was dead right to defend the students until more proof than a second hand newspaper article from someone who didnt even witness the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

And The SU is almost like a company who represents the students.
    Hmmm...maybe in some aspects but not others...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

As a member of the local community, I can tell you very few residents believed the story as it was initially portrayed. We have our issues with students being loud and drunk but very few would believe they'd do that to a dog - most of those jumping on their high-horses were not people from Milford/Castletroy but from further afield.

Did anyone read the owners stroy?

Its as bad as the rest of them and doesnt even match up the the original one..

They went and attacked the first group of students they saw in a car who said it wasnt them and one of the people in the car called the guards.. but yet apparently the dog was left there so how could they just presume it was the first group of people they saw in a car :confused:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/students-sneered-at-my-son-owner-of-dead-pet-at-centre-of-row-speaks-1-5178356

The limerick leader reporter needs to find himself a new job with his crappy titles and story writing too. Or else get a job with a red top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm still curious as to why the van driver drove off after hitting the dog.

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm still curious as to why the van driver drove off after hitting the dog.

He was afraid what the students would do to him after seen what they did to the dog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I don't find it that hard to believe tbh, there's enough cruel f*ckers out there who'd get a kick out of something like this.

Did anyone read the owners stroy?

Its as bad as the rest of them and doesnt even match up the the original one..

They went and attacked the first group of students they saw in a car who said it wasnt them and one of the people in the car called the guards.. but yet apparently the dog was left there so how could they just presume it was the first group of people they saw in a car :confused:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/students-sneered-at-my-son-owner-of-dead-pet-at-centre-of-row-speaks-1-5178356

The limerick leader reporter needs to find himself a new job with his crappy titles and story writing too. Or else get a job with a red top.

She blames the students, who didn't kill the dog and were attacked by her son - was enough of an incident that the students called the Gardai. Couldn't have been drunk/unruly if the Gardai did nothing considering the complaint.

And then there's her/her son leaving the dog roam the estate without a proper collar with name/number on it.

She comes across very poorly, has to be said.

Cossax wrote: »
    She blames the students, who didn't kill the dog and were attacked by her son - was enough of an incident that the students called the Gardai. Couldn't have been drunk/unruly if the Gardai did nothing considering the complaint.

And then there's her/her son leaving the dog roam the estate without a proper collar with name/number on it.

She comes across very poorly, has to be said.

Lot of unfounded 'facts' there bro.
    But yeah , its only the anti dog killing people that are being irrational and telling lies.:pac:

Lot of unfounded 'facts' there bro.
    But yeah , its only the anti dog killing people that are being irrational and telling lies.:pac:

Care to add anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Cossax wrote: »

It was only a four month old pup ?
    Whoever let him out to roam free on the road should the one getting done

And this is just "special" in the dangerous,someone will be found in the attic sense :

The students were sitting in a little white car, four or five of them, girls as well.
    "Jeffrey was extremely upset.
    He went straight for one of them, he lost it.
    He was shouting at him,
    ‘You killed my dog!
    I want to kill you!’

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

This 'ball game' sounds totally implausible. So they were hitting a ball at a lamp post ? Must have good aim , otherwise , you would be retrieving the ball every few seconds . Doesnt sound like a credible game at all. Seems to me that 'the game' was to trick the dog.

We do this all the time in college, its our main form of procrastination and I know of many other groups who play similar games with footballs and sliotars, etc. so it is actually very credible. Its much more credible than the idea that a group of students would be hanging around that late after exams had finished, drinking and partaking in sadism in the middle of the day.

Honestly in all this madness has anyone bothered to wonder about the van driver who was driving fast enough to hit the dog despite the speed limits and several speed bumps located throughout the estate designed to prevent incidents such as this. Also, any responsible dog owner knows that keeping their dog safely enclosed within their property is imperative, especially in a busy estate where accidents can happen so easily.

At the end of the day this is just another simple accident where a dog was unfortunately killed, something that happens up and down the country every day of the week and it doesn't deserve anywhere near the frenzied attention it has received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

So these dog murdering, drunk students called the guards and waited at the scene of their crime in their car for yhe guards to arrive and then gave their full names...

Definitely sound like sadists to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

And the dog owner is legally responsible for the damage done by the dog to the car. Little known facet of our laws - comes from dogs being non-feral animals, and the owner having a responsibility to train and control the dog.

Poor dog, as the owner's laxness had to be a contributory factor in its demise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement