Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4-Way RCA Cable

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Why do you need all 4 Phono connectors ? I can't think of any reason why you would anyway. I think the lead you linked to is for hooking up an amplifier and not an input for an external source.

What's the make/model of the car and the stereo?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭square ball

ZENER wrote: »
    Why do you need all 4 Phono connectors ? I can't think of any reason why you would anyway. I think the lead you linked to is for hooking up an amplifier and not an input for an external source.

What's the make/model of the car and the stereo?

Ken

Pioneer radio. In a toyota levin car. Thats whats on the back I have it connected to 2 speakers at the minute but looking for the 4 way splitter to connect to all 4. You know if its possible to get the 4 way splitter?

In your OP you said you wanted to connect an iPod ?! The cable you linked to is for an Audi A2/3/4. What exactly are you trying to do ? What's the model number of the stereo ? Difficult to answer without at least some detail.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    In your OP you said you wanted to connect an iPod ?! The cable you linked to is for an Audi A2/3/4. What exactly are you trying to do ? What's the model number of the stereo ? Difficult to answer without at least some detail.

Ken
    I want to connect an ipod to the back of the radio. I currently have the ipod connected to one red and one white rca eg. Back left and right speakers.

I want to connect it to the front right and left as well. Therefore I will need something to split the rca from 4 to 2 eg the two reds into one red and the two whites into one white so it will fit the cable I already have.

I hope that makes sense?

That link is basically what im looking for with a 3.5mm jack for the ipod on the end. If I cant get one of them I would settle for a splitter.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid it doesn't really make sense to me. I'm not familiar with the car or stereo. But the model number of the stereo would help greatly here.

I can say that it's just not possible for an iPod to power speakers to any audible level without some form of amplifier, so based on that you must have it attached to an input at the rear of the stereo. To determine that I'd need the model number to help further.

Is it at all possible that your stereo has LINE OUT sockets for driving an amplifier and that you've plugged your iPod into a pair of these ? They're usually sockets at the rear of the unit - depending on the facilities it has there could be up to 6 of these sockets. 4 will be for Front L+R and Rear L+R and the other 2 might be for a Subwoofer.

Give us the model number and we'll take it from there.

Ken

Actually the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that yo've plugged your iPod into a LINE OUT at the rear of your stereo. If that's working and your happy with it then to get all 4 channels pumping (L+R Front and L+R Rear) then you'll need:

1. One of these

2. And 2 of these. (Sounds like you already have one of these so just one more will do ?)

Edit: If you already have a 3.5mm jack to RCA then maybe this would be a neater solution meaning only one cable from the iPod with the splitting doe at the rear of the stereo and out of sight. You'll need 2 of these instead of what I've linked to above.

Ken

Yep thats what exactly what I am getting now. Thought it would be more common but thanks for your help!

Advertisement