Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this May: June Edition

• 03-06-2013 12:02pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The sun is splitting the rocks outside so what better way to avoid it's cancer causing rays of death than sitting in and playing games!

Well I managed to beat nothing in May but have June off to a good start. I beat Dragon's Dogma. I also beat the Dark Arisen chapter and got the True Ending after beating the post game content (don't complete the post game content before dark arisen or it will mean you have to play through the game again as a new game+!).

I have to say I really enjoyed the game and it was well worth doing the post game content and the expansion since they add so much that it makes the game far more interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Gonna try and finish luigis mansion 2 finally. Hard to find time.
    Especially after getting both humble indie bundle and telltale bundle meaning I have dear Esther, hotline Miami and walking dead to play among others.
    Don't think I finished anything in May So need to pit that right this month. On holidays in couple of weeks so should at least get luigis mansion done.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Trying to get through my ps+ backlog. Just finished Infamous 2 and have moved onto Strangers Wrath HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am about half way through God of War: Ascension so I plan on finishing that in June. Not sure what else I will pick up from my backlog. I'm tempted to pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns for the 3DS but I have already completed it on the Wii so it might be a stupid idea.

My June games are Crysis 3, Blood Dragon, Demon Souls, Army of Two:Devils Cartel, Shinobi 3DS and that ninja game that isn't Ninja Gaiden on the Vita. Way behind on my gaming, pretty much played about 10 hours in May and that was it due to my Grandad going into hospital and then passing away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OK, this time I'm going to do it. I said in february that I wanted to beat Zelda Twilight Princess. And I'm going to find the time this month. Just like I was going to find the time last month, and the month before that and the month before that and the month blah blah.... Also hoping to polish off Fire Emblem Awakening and if time permits Luigi's Mansion 2.

These are stretch goals. At my current rate, I'll be lucky to finish a game of Spider Solitaire by the end of june.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Technically it was the end of May but surely I can sneak it in....
    Finished MaxPayne 3 (Senior Grumpy Pants the third).. Boy was it repetitive.
    Started Sleeping Dogs on PC and The Cave on 360 (half done, just need to do the remaining characters).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have a few from the tail end of may too, finished Thomas was alone and Uncharted on vita, thank you ps+. Finally finished borderlands 1.
    This month I plan on finishing the borderlands dlc, Arkham city, max Payne 3, roughly half way through all of them at the minute.
    Iv just started dark souls but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking ill get that finished anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Finished the main quest in skyrim at the end of may, so giving it a a break for a while. Next up im going to have to choose between Trine, Sleeping Dogs and probably the Walking Dead... not a bad conundrum to be in! Whats recommended between the three?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Finished the main quest in skyrim at the end of may, so giving it a a break for a while. Next up im going to have to choose between Trine, Sleeping Dogs and probably the Walking Dead... not a bad conundrum to be in! Whats recommended between the three?

Hmmm I would say go with sleeping dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Games for me this mouth are

Ico - Started this the other night enjoyed the 30 mins i played must get back playing it again

Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning - Not a bad game so far a mix of fable and World of War craft

Luigi's Mansion 2 - On the 4th Mansion now so not much left

Red Dead Redemption - Got this nearly a year ago on PSN + still not shore about the game cant get into :confused: but will give it one more go

Assassin's Creed 3 - Have had this since the day it came out really need to get it done and dusted at this stage

Will add in the Last Of Us on the 14th more then likely have that done with in the 1st 3 days LoL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I'm currently playing Luigi's Mansion 2 and Sleeping Dogs so hopefully will get through those this month. Last month I got Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Pikmin last week so finished it on Saturday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've just ran out of storage room for my games so going to play a few short games for the next while so I can make some room.

I have a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I was on phone support today in case one of our English clients phoned in with an issue. Lay on my sofa playing the Walking Dead all day, no phonecalls received - perfect. Did chapter 1 on Saturday, the other four today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I finally got around to beating Okami HD -- not 100% but there are some things I just couldn't be arsed looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ico
    Persona 4 golden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Started NI No Kuni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've just ran out of storage room for my games so going to play a few short games for the next while so I can make some room.

I have a problem.

You do have a problem, not enough storage :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm going to finish The Walking Dead the next time I play it, hopefully this evening; I've probably only got a half an hour left to go, think I've the final two chapters of episode 5 waiting for me.

Next up is probably Spec Ops: The Line, which I heard is short enough but fun - perfect!

I'm still playing through a few games in co-op with my GF, but we only find a handful of hours per month to game so who knows when we'll finish any of them? Probably mid-way through Trine 2: The Goblin Menace and Lego Batman 2.

Oh, I'm also playing Anomaly Korea on my Nexus, will probably finish that this month. Doubt I'll finish any of the other Android games I've got on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Ico - Started this the other night enjoyed the 30 mins i played must get back playing it again
    Ico

Just have at Ico lads. You can get it done in about 4 hours easily enough and it's well worth it just to try something different. Shadow of the Colossus is another like that.

I've been sort of moving house lately but hopefully after that I'll get stuck into a routine of gaming. Already have Bioshock and Crysis 3 done as well as repeating Spec Ops The Line.

Current games are Dishonored on PC and Red Dead Redemption on PS3, both of which I'm eager to play more of. Just bought Far Cry 3 as well although everything else will go on hold when The Last of Us arrives I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's El Shaddai out of the way. Not much in the gameplay stakes but my god was it beautiful. Quite enjoyable I have to say and bat **** strange.

And so ends God of War Ascension

Finished Resident Evil 5's DLC. Hmm, not so great. No for some Asura's Wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Got about half way through Stranger's Wrath and got bored. Just wasn't holding my attention and I have too many unplayed games to be bothered finishing it for the sake of it.
    Onto Hitman Absolution and playing finishing the Walking Dead on the side :P

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

finally finished infamous 2 ! fairly good , if predictable ending .... now onto Spec Ops : the line ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Completed Killzone and Hitman Absolution.

Currently blistering through FUSE and Killzone 2. Haven't yet touched any of the PS+ content on offer and The Last Of Us is due out soon. And here I was, thinking I was on top of things.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Been playing a lot of Guild Wars II recently... getting near the end of the personal story, so that will be finished soon.

Finished Thomas Was Alone yesterday... wonderful experience. This month I will be mostly playing The Last of Us I reckon. Naughty Dog haven't let me down yet!

finally finished infamous 2 ! fairly good , if predictable ending .... now onto Spec Ops : the line ! :D

Which ending? Good or Bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Finished Spec Ops The Line last night. Great story for a game, not that a great a game. Good and fun, but not brilliant. If story wasn't as good I doubt I would even have bothered finishing it. Just your generic cover based shooter with added sand and some on-rails CODs like segments.

Still haven't decided what game to attack next. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Jernal wrote: »
    Finished Spec Ops The Line last night. Great story for a game, not that a great a game. Good and fun, but not brilliant. If story wasn't as good I doubt I would even have bothered finishing it. Just your generic cover based shooter with added sand and some on-rails CODs like segments.

There's a lot of discussion online about this with the theory generally being that the gameplay is deliberately not very good to tie in with the message. I know it's easy to call that a cop-out but I dunno, I found it to be pretty much up to the par of every other shooter I've played for the last few years.

Advertisement