Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this May: June Edition

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished System Shock 2, Homeworld, Spellforce and currently playing through Planescape, Freedom Fighters and Deus Ex. Then it's Gunpoint, Reus and Mark of the Ninja. It's great that even with a pretty substandard laptop, i can still play such fantastic (for the most part) games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished Brutal Legend. I think I ended up hating it. Yeah it was amusing but my god were the RTS sections terrible especially towards the end. They were just too damn tough. I had to look up how to beat the last three. In a normal RTS hang back and build a stupidly big force before moving in but in Brutal Legend you have to rush because once the enemy pumps out high level units you are absolutely screwed.

Glad it's done and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to get it myself, and this is someone who has gotten 100% completion on the first 3 games. From what I'm seeing in reviews and what I'm hearing from a lot of people I used to play Gears with regularly, Judgment is just not a good Gears game. I'd caution against judging (no pun intended) the series on the basis of that game.

Yeah it's pretty horrible, but I'll power through it anyway. Must pick up the original at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

zero19 wrote: »
    Yeah it's pretty horrible, but I'll power through it anyway. Must pick up the original at some point.
    When you do, play the campaign in co-op. It comes alive in co-op, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finished Driver: San Francisco this week. Avoided it for quite some time due to the steaming pile of horse manure that was Driv3r, and missed out quite badly I feel. Its actually a pretty damn good game gameplay wise. Story wise, its so far over the crazy line that the line is just a blur, but the game itself is good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just Finished Limbo on Vita, beautiful looking game especially on the Vita. Would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Next up Guacamelee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Finished Episode 3 of The Walking Dead. Very enjoyable game, I can't wait to get into more.

My main gripe is that it's hard to call it a "game" as such since there is little actual gameplay as such. It has one of the best stories I've ever seen though. The game I've played that it's most like is actually Heavy Rain, although with a much better script and lower budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Completed Hitman Absolution this week. It wasn't great tbh, but I did have some fun playing it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just completed episode 5 of The Walking Dead. Superb game.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finally got round to finishing Spec Ops: The Line.

Jesus :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sarky wrote: »
    Finally got round to finishing Spec Ops: The Line.

Jesus :(

I still have this to finish (just after
    the gas attack
    ), so its definitely next on my hitlist.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I still have this to finish (just after
    the gas attack
    ), so its definitely next on my hitlist.

It's really short, you can easily have it done in under 6 hours and you're already about half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Half Life 1, followed by the expansions. :o

I got them in a Steam sale... I think at Christmas. :p

This will be the month... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Im off to Australia for the year next week and not in work so have powered back on the Xbox 360. Have a few older games in my backlog. Managed to finish Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham city. Am now playing Red Dead Redemption that I bought on release, at the part when you get to Mexico, so I should have that completed by next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Been playing a lot of Guild Wars II recently... getting near the end of the personal story, so that will be finished soon.

Finished Thomas Was Alone yesterday... wonderful experience. This month I will be mostly playing The Last of Us I reckon. Naughty Dog haven't let me down yet!

Haven't really played GWII since I made that original post, but I did finish TLoU yesterday... completed it on Hard... it was tough going at points. Not sure if I could handle Survivor - but may give it a shot.

Finished The Walking Dead yesterday. I really enjoyed it although I didn't find the ending as sad as The Last of Us. I'm really looking forward to the next season (I've heard there's an episode to bridge the two as well).

Right now, moved on to Far Cry 3 which seems really good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Working my way through Sleeping Dogs for no other reason than I have to start finishing some PS+ stuff to free up space on my PS3 hard drive. Guessing I'm about a third to a half way through it and I'm really loving it. It has the freedom of an open world game but the story is tight and focused so that you never feel lost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started Lollipop Chainsaw, hope to have it and Last of Us done before months end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Finished Uncharted 3 last night, and started into Lollipop Chainsaw as well.

PS whoever forgot to implement mid-mission saves in LC deserves a chainsaw to the groin!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Finished Uncharted 3 last night, and started into Lollipop Chainsaw as well.

PS whoever forgot to implement mid-mission saves in LC deserves a chainsaw to the groin!

Seriously? Christ I was worried that there were no saves so decided to beat the boss before I quit. That's pretty ridiculous considering how long most levels are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

I finally finished Uncharted 3, Black ops Campaign and Bioshock Infinite last weekend. All had been sitting there gathering dust and driving me mad.

Embarrassingly I still have a WiiU with Zombie U in its plastic since bought last xmas....so i presume that will have to be finished sometime soon!!

Batman Ark City and Asylum have both yet to be touched since buying on steam last year in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Mudlan wrote: »
    I finally finished Uncharted 3, Black ops Campaign and Bioshock Infinite last weekend. All had been sitting there gathering dust and driving me mad.

Embarrassingly I still have a WiiU with Zombie U in its plastic since bought last xmas....so i presume that will have to be finished sometime soon!!

Batman Ark City and Asylum have both yet to be touched since buying on steam last year in the sale.

The Batman games are fantastic, you should definitely start them next, definitely start with Arkham Asylum first though even though i think City is a better game

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The Batman games are fantastic, you should definitely start them next, definitely start with Arkham Asylum first though even though i think City is a better game

They're on the list. Trying to get them done before the next one comes out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just finished uncharted 3. Really loved the whole game, but ending a bit of disappointment. Still the whole journey was awesome. A must play franchise!
    I wonder what false do I finish, while I am completely up to my ears with world of tanks. :)

Just finished uncharted 3. Really loved the whole game, but ending a bit of disappointment. Still the whole journey was awesome. A must play franchise!
    I wonder what false do I finish, while I am completely up to my ears with world of tanks. :)

Loved the uncharted series and just recently finished the Last of Us....if its not on your list of games to finish it should be. A little slower than drakes but very enjoyable!

Mudlan wrote: »

I agree with the other poster, play Asylum first (I'm sure you were going to do that anyway since it's chronologically first and came out first), City is a much bigger game so it's good to go through the more linear one first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seriously? Christ I was worried that there were no saves so decided to beat the boss before I quit. That's pretty ridiculous considering how long most levels are.
    I started playing again this afternoon, then had to pause. The PS3's power saver turned it off, so I thought I'd have to start over AGAIN.
    Except this time, I could start over from the last checkpoint.

Pleasantly surprised by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Finally beat X-Com on Classic Ironman after a few tries. Superb game. Playing through South Park - Tenormans Revenge right now. Like seemingly a few here I have the two Batman games sitting on the shelf unplayed so they're next up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

To the folks feeling bad about not playing Batman. I bought Asylum in the Christmas sale of 2010 and only got around to playing it this month. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Finally finished Darkest of Days after it being on my 'must play' list for years. Rough around the edges but a total gem, loved it.

Advertisement