Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student nights out on weekends during the summer

Options
  • 03-06-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am going to do a pub crawl with my friends in galway on a saturday. What pubs and clubs would have the best atmosphere for under 22's and wouldn't be too expensive or seedy.

Eg. What would vodka+mixers cost on average :D

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I think it's against the forum charter to advertise the price of alcohol. Nearly every nightclub has decent drinks promos bar Halo. Which is above your age bracket. Personally I'd choose Carbon or Electric Garden on a saturday. I wouldn't be inclined to head to any other nightclub any night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 varleyaine

empacher wrote: »
    I think it's against the forum charter to advertise the price of alcohol. Nearly every nightclub has decent drinks promos bar Halo. Which is above your age bracket. Personally I'd choose Carbon or Electric Garden on a saturday. I wouldn't be inclined to head to any other nightclub any night of the week.

Cool would there be any lively pubs that wouldn't fleece us that we could start the night out at that isn't creepy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

varleyaine wrote: »
    Cool would there be any lively pubs that wouldn't fleece us that we could start the night out at that isn't creepy :D

if you want to do a pub crawl, theres a few easy ones to do. normally takes in 12 pubs. so your looking at dropping about 50 squid.

Cheaper pubs would be fibbers, kennedys, hole in the wall.

Pubs with better atmosphere would be on the other side of the iver. kellys, salthouse, roisin, massimos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

empacher wrote: »
    if you want to do a pub crawl, theres a few easy ones to do. normally takes in 12 pubs. so your looking at dropping about 50 squid.

Cheaper pubs would be fibbers, kennedys, hole in the wall.

Pubs with better atmosphere would be on the other side of the iver. kellys, salthouse, roisin, massimos

Kellys isnt on the other side of the river and its but atmospheric. OP Kennedys, Fibbers, Hole In The Wall, Goalpost and Coyotes are what you are looking for, they all do cheapish drink offers, the rest of town is more normal in terms of price and far better in terms of atmosphere but you want cheap.

Kellys isnt on the other side of the river and its but atmospheric. OP Kennedys, Fibbers, Hole In The Wall, Goalpost and Coyotes are what you are looking for, they all do cheapish drink offers, the rest of town is more normal in terms of price and far better in terms of atmosphere but you want cheap.

How is the atmosphere/crowd in fibber magees/hole in the wall/kennedys/coyotes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

How is the atmosphere/crowd in fibber magees/hole in the wall/kennedys/coyotes :)

Cheap. Its not my kinda crowd but if you are young and want a cheap night out they are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Try Sligo.

It's, er, really nice up there and they're not used to visitors so they will be extra nice to you.

Just saying.

Paddyfield wrote: »
    Try Sligo.

It's, er, really nice up there and they're not used to visitors so they will be extra nice to you.

Just saying.

Haha thanks I was actually up there in February and had a great time :p but the accommodation is bought already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Haha thanks I was actually up there in February and had a great time :p but the accommodation is bought already :D

I would have just rented, are ye mad?

jenno86 wrote: »
    I would have just rented, are ye mad?

Its a hotel :p purchased a room but really only rented :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement