Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice wanted for music videos!

• 03-06-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,

A friend of mine has asked me to help her make some cool and interesting music videos for her songs and I just wanted to know what people thought of them and if they had any suggestions for how we could improve?

Here's one we uploaded the other day, what do you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you are promoting the artist please give more info , its all in the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WillTrestarian

If you are promoting the artist please give more info , its all in the charter

Ah sorry about that! Her name is Rebecca Bains and we're working together to try and make a video that will blow people's socks off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 njC

Don't zoom on a dslr, ever. Unfortunately it will never look good.

Composition of your shots leave a lot to be desired, some out of focus too. But obviously all of that stuff comes in time and practice. Overall its quite a conventional music video (musician/band in recording their song, goofing around in the back etc) You need to create something a bit bigger production wise to amaze people unless shoot something small but in an interesting way.

I like your motivation, really good to see it, just keep at it and don't be afraid to try something big and experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WillTrestarian

njC wrote: »
    Don't zoom on a dslr, ever. Unfortunately it will never look good.

Duly noted and you're right about it not being interesting enough on the scale we've shot it. Next time we'll up the ante and make something a bit more visually impressive. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Advertisement