Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austria v Sweden

• 03-06-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

So a draw the best outcome for us? same kickoff time as us on Friday I think. A 0-0 and a 10-0 win for us would be ideal :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

sugarman wrote: »
    I'd love a draw, but I wouldnt be too upset if Austria won.

If it comes down to us away to them in September, having beaten/drawn against Sweden at home the previous week I feel we could do them.

Yeah thinking the same myself, there results at home so far have been impressive, by the time we play them hopefully they won't be as good or catch them on an off day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We need to get 6 points from 2 games in September. Nothing less.

Can we do it? Unlikely as we don't have that killer instinct and can't remember us getting 2 big results in a row(wins).

If we get 12 points from remaining 4 games think we will be good for playoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We haven't done it in 12 years (beat a contender for 1st/2nd spot in a group) so I have major doubts aboout us doing it now.

Nonetheless, it does seems like winning twice will likely be essential, not only for our top 2 prospects but for any chance of being of not being one of the worse runners-up and hence being eliminated.

noodler wrote: »
    Nonetheless, it does seems like winning twice will likely be essential, not only for our top 2 prospects but for any chance of being of not being one of the worse runners-up and hence being eliminated.

That's why conceding in last minute was huge blow. Those 2 extra points would have made such a difference to making sure we don't lose out.

Still in our hands I guess but that Austria goal could come back to bite us hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Draw I suppose. Though since we have Sweden at home to come not the end of the world if they win.

EDIT: Actually on second thought after looking again I would really rather they draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I think the team is believing and we haven't looked this strong in a long time. We can win both games but they could also be draws.

We need to win both games in September to be safe of not losing out as worst placed team. 4 points minimum and even at that we may need draw in Germany.

Advertisement