Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk UL students lured a dog to its death in a sick game

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Shocking that students would be cruel to an animal, or shocking that someone is reading the limerick leader?

Unfortunately people are cruel to animals every day in Ireland, and people are fairly apathetic to it, but fair play to the paper for drawing attention to it.

It's not entirely clear how she knew they were students though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

paultf wrote: »
    Don't mean to ruin the weekend but this is shocking.

Article in the Limerick Leader:-

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/dog-lured-to-its-death-by-university-of-limerick-students-in-drunken-game-1-5146594

(Referenced in the Irish Times awell.)

It is pure sickening that this is what passes as 'entertainment' by college students these days :mad:

Hope the poor dogs' owners are okay and not hurting too much due to this cruel act by these youngsters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Shocking that students would be cruel to an animal, or shocking that someone is reading the limerick leader?

I am reading the Irish Times epaper at the moment but I couldn't get a link to the story so followed the reference to the Limerick Leader.

I am from a different part of the country - don't know anything about the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

You'd have to query the truth of the story, very surprised one of the "concerned" local residents didn't have a phone to take a picture. Looks like a cheap shot at students by residents. Not to many people would sit by watching a dog being killed without taking action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

No proof they were students, no reports from anyone official of a complaint being made to Gardai for cruelty?

Something a little off about this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

We could link to horrific stories and articles all day long in this forum, but please be careful not tar "all students" from this establishment with the same brush. It sounds like a sensationalist article to me and whether it is true or not, there is NOTHING to gain from this thread bar Boards being liabelled for bad mouthing.

If anyone sees the point in keeping it open feel free to PM me.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement