Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Meaning

Options
  • 03-06-2013 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this thread.

Basically, I only remembered today that I have a recurring dream where I can't run fast going forward, it's almost as if I am running through very deep mud/running in knee high water. In the dreams, I turn around and run backwards and I am much much faster. Is there any know meaning for this or am I just a freak!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Basically, I only remembered today that I have a recurring dream where I can't run fast going forward, it's almost as if I am running through very deep mud/running in knee high water. In the dreams, I turn around and run backwards and I am much much faster. Is there any know meaning for this or am I just a freak!?

You might also like to ask in the Sleeping and Dreaming forum over here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

kerry4sam wrote: »
    You might also like to ask in the Sleeping and Dreaming forum over here :)

It was a toss up between which one to post in! Am I allowed to start another one there as well (don't want to be cross posting)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It was a toss up between which one to post in! Am I allowed to start another one there as well (don't want to be cross posting)

You could always just ask the moderator of this forum to move your thread over for you by reporting your own post in here in the event they don't see this right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Dreams are very subjective in nature, prescribing a generic meaning to aspects of dreams does not work i.e water means emotions etc. Maybe reflection on your present life circumstances will offer you some insight into potential meaning. You are bested place to understand the message held within your dreams, reflecting on the emotion of the dream as opposed to the content may offer some clues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I used to have a similar dream where i was in my back garden and when i tried to exit it I was slowed down and would not pass any space and move in slow motion but the second I turned around I could move a normal if not hightened speed.
    There was always a creature that would rise out of mud and branches that would be at the end of the garden, terrifying stuff especially because it was a reoccuring dream when I was quite young.
    But the whole slow-mo thing only happened once to my reccolection but possibly more.
    So suppose, either both of us are freaks or its not that uncommon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 zane55

It sounds like you are trying to avoid something difficult or unpleasant in your life and can't seem to get any momentum. Like something is holding you back. Here's a quote from a dream dictionary website:

"To dream of running towards something represents your anxiousness, eagerness, or feeling of importance that something should happen as soon as possible. It may also reflect desperation or a fear of losing something.

To dream of running and feeling that you can't go fast no matter how hard you try may reflect feelings of being held back or stifled. Feeling that you can't get any progress or momentum no matter how hard you try.

To dream of running away from something represents your wish to avoid a situation. " [Source: DreamBible.com]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

zane55 wrote: »
    It sounds like you are trying to avoid something difficult or unpleasant in your life and can't seem to get any momentum. Like something is holding you back. Here's a quote from a dream dictionary website:

"To dream of running towards something represents your anxiousness, eagerness, or feeling of importance that something should happen as soon as possible. It may also reflect desperation or a fear of losing something.

To dream of running and feeling that you can't go fast no matter how hard you try may reflect feelings of being held back or stifled. Feeling that you can't get any progress or momentum no matter how hard you try.

To dream of running away from something represents your wish to avoid a situation. " [Source: DreamBible.com]

Or it just means your running, sometimes a spade is just a spade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Just seen this video

Thought Id post it as it is exactly how the creature I mentioned a few posts ago rose from the ground. (1.03 min into video)

Advertisement