Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton

Options
  • 03-06-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.

I'm wondering is there any badminton clubs in or around the Cork City area? I've played before for about a year or so, thus am not a complete beginner, but at the same time far from a superstar.

Just looking for a place that you can turn up for a casual game or whatever.

All suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tis quite frustrating trying to find a place that does something like this. I was looking into renting a court there for a while to do something like this and even trying to find a court is hard. One looks great by the gus healy pool but I think you have to know them or know someone there (politics again) to rent the court..

We have (we have just gone down there once now) but we just started going down the road by ballintemple to have a few whacks, but you can only do it on a calm day as tis outdoors..annoying as this revamp of marina park they could do so much with it, for the locals. perfect place to put in a few outdoor courts and maybe a badminton court inside even a skateboard park for the locals to use there is a big call for it in the area..

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Carraigtwohill has one in the community hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kip Casper

None of my friends play, so looking for a club of some sort as opposed to a court.

I used to play in a club in the city where I'm originally from... You basically just turn up with a racket and are then put into a game of singles/doubles with people you wouldn't necessarily know. It was pretty enjoyable most weeks.

Looking for something similar down this neck of the woods, but no joy thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Garryduff sports centre have a club . It's in the bus route too if that helps .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

There is a club in carrigaline - they play at gaa grounds. During the winter they play twice a week, maybe quiter during summer. I think they cater for all standards

• Advertisement
Advertisement