Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study for maths

Options
  • 03-06-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hey so I'm hoping to get an A in maths for my junior cert(I got 83% in my mocks) but i was wondering about studying for it. for the last few months of school we did every exam paper 1 twice so im fairly good at them and comfortable with the layout, now im doing sample papers i havent seen before going through them topic by topic but im not sure how many questions per topic is enough. any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

The way i did maths when i was doing the Junior Cert this close to the exam was flick through the paper and look at each question and say to yourself "can I do this?", and do a little solution plan in your head on how you would do it. Then when you see a question that looks tricky/harder/you're not comfortable with do that out on paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭doyle97

The way i did maths when i was doing the Junior Cert this close to the exam was flick through the paper and look at each question and say to yourself "can I do this?", and do a little solution plan in your head on how you would do it. Then when you see a question that looks tricky/harder/you're not comfortable with do that out on paper :)
    thats a good idea since I dont have much time left now! haha thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SeanIAm

Where did you get sample papers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭doyle97

SeanIAm wrote: »
    Where did you get sample papers? :)
    my teacher photo copied them and gave them to my class, I think thy're old pre papers :)

Advertisement