Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do to make friend in Kilkenny

Options
  • 03-06-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, long time lurker here. I moved to Kilkenny 9 months ago for work - working long days and have found it hard making friends particularly in work. I am a 23 year old lad an just want to find out if there are any clubs or societies that I could join to make friends? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Sports is probably the easiest way to be honest.
    new.start wrote: »
    Hello, long time lurker here. I moved to Kilkenny 9 months ago for work - working long days and have found it hard making friends particularly in work. I am a 23 year old lad an just want to find out if there are any clubs or societies that I could join to make friends? Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There's loads of clubs and societies in Kilkenny, what are your interests?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 new.start

Open to anything reelly

Cycling club ( Marble City Cyclists) seems to be very popular, I think they meet on Sat mornings and they have a website. Someone on this site also recommended joining the Kilkenny City Macra recently - you dont have to be from farming background. http://www.kilkennymacra.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm actually a coach in Marble City Cyclers, we meet Saturdays and Sundays at 9am at the castle and 9.30am on Sunday morning for a steadier pace. Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm are also steadier, which leave from the castle. I also play in the astroturf league and teams are always on the lookout for players.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Like guns and call of duty battlefield, wargames etc....
    Theres always kilkenny airsoft..... Out near bennetsbridge.. If ya havent heard of it youtube it and find out, great sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

$kilkenny wrote: »
    Like guns and call of duty battlefield, wargames etc....
    Theres always kilkenny airsoft..... Out near bennetsbridge.. If ya havent heard of it youtube it and find out, great sport!

kilkenny airsoft is just a range though isn't it?? If you want to get into the actual game with scrimmagaing then the wardogs from the irl gaming clan meet up quite a bit every week or two.

Also there is kickboxing/boxing/judo/soccer/gaelic/hurling/kayaking/mma/rock climbing etc all possible within kk

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Yea kilkenny airsoft is only a range buts also been an airsoft shop since september or so
    but its where us (the kilkenny team) are based out of, and we go skirmishing when we can so its easy to get involved in that aswell :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If your into athletics, there's always Kilkenny City Harriers,

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Kilkenny order of Malta are holding there annual recruitment night tonight in the orchard house bar at 19:30 if that's something you might be interested in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

kilkenny meet up group here -> http://www.meetup.com/The-Kilkenny-Social-Club/

Its got different types of events and open to all.

Advertisement