Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

retailer help?

• 03-06-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

well lads
    just wondering if anybody has any expieriance with "munster airsoft".as im buying a cyma ak online there later this year.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Where are you based? There might be a retailer closer to you that you can call into in person. Save postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭shockinsocky

im based in tipperary,this gun here is the cheapest ive seen https://www.munsterairsoft.com/airsoft-product/Airsoft-Guns/Assault-Rifles/CYMA/AK---Series/CYMA--AK-Series/509
    but im wondering if the websites a scam maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

I've never dealt with them but I'm 100% certain that it's not a scam. I know others have bought there and they've been happy enough with it. unless something has drastically changed then it's a perfectly fine website.
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's a scam.....if never heard that one before?

oh its because the prices are very good...yeah im cynical,but im saving for the ak all summer and dont want to be dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

oh its because the prices are very good...yeah im cynical,but im saving for the ak all summer and dont want to be dissapointed.

Ah I see :)

• Advertisement

Munster airsoft is the shop side of the cqb site in the marina area in cork city.

Other shops in the south are;

Hobbyairsofter in cork
    Airsoftguns.ie and Mwairsoft.net in limerick
    Seairsoft.net in wexford

All of them have threads here on boards too for you to contact.
    Also factor in shipping to your price as this will change from retailer to retailer.

I don't really have experience with munster airsoft, but I do with the others and have been quite happy with them.

i think the postage is 10 euro,but on southeast airsoft the cyma is 170.20euro dearer than in munster airsoft(excluding shipping)...i hope the gun is actualy worth it! haha

Cyma make some nice AKs without breaking the bank. Just remember that AKs don't offer as much exterior additions like a M4 for example. Some people really like them, and some people change over to M4 after a while.
    That aeg has a plastic body also, so there are a few different plastic bodied aegs that you can look at to see how they compare on price, such as M4 (G&G combat machines,etc.), MP5 and UMP possibly off the top of my head.

Just giving you options, it's your aeg so chose what you like the most and it should stick with you the best. There are also some good condition second hand aegs in the adverts section of airsoft on boards so you can get an aeg with extras or one which would be out of your price range as new but are still running fine and in your price range.

well tbh,im not in a position to buy sights etc for a new gun,im only a plinker so as long as its accurate ill be happy.do you have any other options?...im open:)

When it comes to stock aegs accuracy changes a lot from one to another. The best I have is my dboys scar-l.
    Longer barrels can help, the AK has a longer inner barrel than a M4 for example. But it depends on how good the manufacturer makes the hopup.
    Like I said, you can get some aegs in the adverts section with better barrels or hopups installed.
    What range would you be shooting at targets. Most aegs are quite accurate within 30m and will send BBs as far as 50-60m. As for how accurate they are along the way until they hit the ground depends on the model itself.

Maybe put up a review request thread in the reviews section. I don't have any first hand experience with that model unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Theres also kilkenny airsoft based just south of kilkenny city, but I dont think they sell the ak74, then again it might be worth asking about?

i only shoot cans and walls like so probly 30-40m.but do you think this gun will do that.if not do you know any other cheaper guns that would.im not in the position to buy off here tbh.

It should do 30-40m alright, you might be fine with a smg even for that range which might be a little cheaper.
    You also might be able to use a pistol which are fun to use but you need to buy gas for that and I assume you're getting an aeg for the rechargeable battery.
    Some people like the galaxy mp5k, I prefer the cyma one but the galaxy should be in your price range alright.

i already have kwa g18c so i dont really need another pistol,but i might wait till the sales start.i dont have nearly enough money for ther cyma.all i want is something that looks good,feels good and shoots good.

Advertisement