Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB current tracker rate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I've my mortgage with the competition (Bank of Ireland) but they also phrased the options in such a way as to make it unclear that a tracker was one of them.

Fortunately I was dealing with an honest bloke who informed me of this when I went in to discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DKSC

Hi

We have also received a similar letter from AiB offering a tracker at prevailing rate etc. as we are due to come off a fixed rate next month. We have never received such a letter previously despite switching between fixed and variable rates etc. on a number if occasions.

Did you have any luck in ascertaing whether you had a previous entitlement to a tracker rate?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

DKSC wrote: »
    Hi

We have also received a similar letter from AiB offering a tracker at prevailing rate etc. as we are due to come off a fixed rate next month. We have never received such a letter previously despite switching between fixed and variable rates etc. on a number if occasions.

Did you have any luck in ascertaing whether you had a previous entitlement to a tracker rate?

Many thanks

If they are offering it to you at the rate 2 posts earlier then it is probably a new product and therefore they would not have offered it in between times. "True" trackers disappeared about 2008.

A tracker that is ECB + 4.65% is crap. Its probably the same as most variable rates and they can happily offer you that on the basis the max drop is going to be 0.25%. But can really only go one direction which is up.

Advertisement