Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal 10k Route Change

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Ososlo wrote: »
    Failing to see the good news in your post wrstan:(

Well the good news is it won't be 26oC at that time - check out the temps on Saturday :eek:
    But the really good news is it looks like we really are going to get a summer. Hey let's forget the race and vamos a la playa!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

what will be the best way to get out to the starting point on public transport from the city centre on race day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

ooter wrote: »
    what will be the best way to get out to the starting point on public transport from the city centre on race day?

There's a choice of buses from Abbey street (outside Irish Life building) near the bus depot in town.
    33 and 41 got to Swords.
    There's also a Swords Express bus but not sure if it operates week days only or not but that would be a good one since it only stops once or twice during the course of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

that's great,thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Big Logger wrote: »
    There's a choice of buses from Abbey street (outside Irish Life building) near the bus depot in town.
    33 and 41 got to Swords.
    There's also a Swords Express bus but not sure if it operates week days only or not but that would be a good one since it only stops once or twice during the course of the journey.

Not sure of starting times for public transport on a Sunday. Check with Dublin Bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

What is story with collecting race numbers?

Havent heard a peep about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

sgarvan wrote: »
    What is story with collecting race numbers?

Havent heard a peep about it

I got mine weeks ago when we received all the race numbers for the race series races, but my sister who only entered this particular race had hers delivered to her home address today so you should get it today or tomorrow I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

Mine arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

Got mine too. Got all 3. 10k, 10 mile and half. Fingers crossed the sun will come out after 11 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Big Logger wrote: »
    33 and 41 got to Swords.

The Swords Express does indeed run on the weekend. http://www.swordsexpress.com/timetable.asp

Certainly the best option for getting out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Dundrummer

First Express bus to Swords on a Sunday leaves city centre at 09:45

Will have to be very quick for a 10am race start :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Sorry though the race was Saturday. 41, 41C or 33 should get you out there at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Degsy123

Anyone know how many runners are expected on Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

41, 41C or 33 should get you out there at any rate.

For a second there I thought they were the expected temperatures for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

I'm having to miss this one with an injury - Gutted - especially after paying for my entry! Nothing wrse than seeing a race entry going unused!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

BenMicheal wrote: »
    I'm having to miss this one with an injury - Gutted - especially after paying for my entry! Nothing wrse than seeing a race entry going unused!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully nothing too bad. Good luck with it and hopefully you will be back running soon........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Due to likely high temperatures, there will be a second water station added on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I assume the Pavilion car park will open a little earlier than usual for race parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

There should be plenty of parking in the pavilions, they use automated barriers, so i guess the car parks are open all the time. Iv parked in there before 8am on a Saturday... 1st hour free, 1€ per hour after...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

MisterDrak wrote: »
    There should be plenty of parking in the pavilions, they use automated barriers, so i guess the car parks are open all the time. Iv parked in there before 8am on a Saturday... 1st hour free, 1€ per hour after...

There's your motivtion to run faster if you start to feel tired during the race ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

There's your motivtion to run faster if you start to feel tired during the race ;)

It's actually 2 hours free so we should be ok!

Due to likely high temperatures, there will be a second water station added on Sunday.

Where did you hear about the second water station ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Degsy123 wrote: »
    Where did you hear about the second water station ?

It ws mentioned on the Dublin Marathon facebook page.

This is the first timed race I have entered since 2011 and I'm very much looking forward to it.

It ws mentioned on the Dublin Marathon facebook page.

This is the first timed race I have entered since 2011 and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Yeah I noticed that on the FB page too but the map on the website still has one water station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Degsy123 wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that on the FB page too but the map on the website still has one water station.

I presume the map will not be updated at this stage but there are water stations at 4&8K and a shower station at 6K.

excuse my ignorance but is a shower station something you run through on the course/road, or is it at the side of the course or off the course/road? i fear once i get under i may not wanna leave!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Ososlo wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance but is a shower station something you run through on the course/road, or is it at the side of the course or off the course/road? i fear once i get under i may not wanna leave!!!

I've never done a race with one, but have seen cases where it is just people with a hose to times where it is something overhead that you run under briefly. I think you need to bring your own shower gel though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭bike2wkr

Anyone have a race entry their not using?

bike2wkr wrote: »
    Anyone have a race entry their not using?

will send pm

• Advertisement

might not be too bad tomorrow heat wise. I'm seeing sub 19 degrees with a bit of wind and some cloud. Far better than this morning I'd say which was about 21/22 at the same time and no cloud. See you all in the shower:D:D:D

Advertisement