Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal 10k Route Change

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Is the start of the race near the Pavillions car park - don't know Swords too well but should be able to find that?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭plodder

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Is the start of the race near the Pavillions car park - don't know Swords too well but should be able to find that?

Thanks
    Yes, Pavilions is very close to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Paddy1234 wrote: »

Thanks

don't know the area very well but am fairly sure it's very close to the start line. maybe a short 5/7 minute walk. There'll be loads of people parking in Pavillions so it must be very convenient to the start line. You'll be grand there. I'm parking there too.

Ososlo wrote: »
    don't know the area very well but am fairly sure it's very close to the start line. maybe a short 5/7 minute walk. There'll be loads of people parking in Pavillions so it must be very convenient to the start line. You'll be grand there. I'm parking there too.

Thanks folks Pavillions it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

might not be too bad tomorrow heat wise. I'm seeing sub 19 degrees with a bit of wind and some cloud. Far better than this morning I'd say which was about 21/22 at the same time and no cloud. See you all in the shower:D:D:D

When I went out this morning it was 24 degress that was at 1045 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

might not be too bad tomorrow heat wise. I'm seeing sub 19 degrees with a bit of wind and some cloud. Far better than this morning I'd say which was about 21/22 at the same time and no cloud. See you all in the shower:D:D:D

Beautiful, beautiful cloud outside this morning, hopefully it lasts another few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Great race today. Course much better than last year...although still struggled again :(.... lovely day for it too. Well done to the organisers on changing the course...the finish was still quite a good finish also..
    Did anyone notice if the finishing mat was about 30/40 yards before the finish line?? Thought my time was bout 10 secs slower than chip time....

....edit....result is 10 secs slower than time on text!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Great race and course today. Especially with the weather playing well with us today.

Thought it was very well organised and loved the area after the finish to relax and meet up with others.

Getting a PB just made the day better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Can't fault the race but it was an absolute nightmare to get out of on public transport,only on the bus back in to town now.doubt I'll be returning next year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Dundrummer

TJC wrote: »
    Great race today. Course much better than last year...although still struggled again :(.... lovely day for it too. Well done to the organisers on changing the course...the finish was still quite a good finish also..
    Did anyone notice if the finishing mat was about 30/40 yards before the finish line?? Thought my time was bout 10 secs slower than chip time....

I'm pretty sure there were more mats at the finish line - the text time I've received is the same as my watch

Weather was great for running after the last few weeks...very lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Thought it was very well organised and loved the area after the finish to relax and meet up with others.

Yeah lovely area to hang around and chat afterwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

TJC wrote: »

The timing mat 50m before the finish line, gives the announcer the details of the runner approaching the finish line. When you cross this, your details appear on a screen to the announcer to allow them say.." X from Y in coming in now...". The finish line mat is the finish line mat that counts.

I got a text which was 6 seconds quicker than my listed chip time but to tell you the truth, the listed one is correct as I was aware what the finish clock time was and it reflected by listed chip time and not my text time.

Very well run race, and kinder course than last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dsenna

Just a little confused , I'm sure the run into the finish was down hill ,after collecting my finisher bag I can out the other side of the park to see an uphill finish ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Good race, not flat.
    Good to get a goodie bag without junk food or jellies, hopefully we'll get water only in the years to come instead of sugary drink.
    Really enjoyed it, will definitely do it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

A0 wrote: »
    Good race, not flat.
    Good to get a goodie bag without junk food or jellies, hopefully we'll get water only in the years to come instead of sugary drink.
    Really enjoyed it, will definitely do it again next year.

If it was a sports drink its ok. They are good after a run like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Really enjoyed this today. Thought the route was good, nice mix between the main roads and back roads. Found the incline around the 9km bit tough on the legs at that stage but the set up for a sprint finish on the main street with decent crowds helped for a great buzz.

Handy for parking nearby in the pavilions too. would definitely do this again. Big thanks to the fire brigade as well with the hoses, nice to cool down. after doing the clontarf half last week in the sun I was happy with a bit of cloud too!

Well done to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

My first 10k today and thoroughly enjoyed it.Very well organised,ok goody bag,decent t-shirt and a nice course.Big thankyou to the support from spectators in the last 500m and to the FJ (Roisin)who made me push on up the hill at the finish.Maybe if we met with 1k to go i would have broken 50.Finish time 50.28.Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

If it was a sports drink its ok. They are good after a run like that

No, water is the way to go #waterlogged
    This book exposes the strong influence of the (food /) drink industry on most research. Scientists developing these products are not going to say drinking sports drinks is bad for you.

are the results up anywhere folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,627 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ooter wrote: »
    are the results up anywhere folks?
    http://dublinmarathon.ie/results/

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »

cheers,chip time 2 seconds better than my watch.:)

Very enjoyable race - very well organised. Loved the chill out area at the end to relax. Well done everyone who took part and thanks to everyone who helped out. Will be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

I enjoyed the race even though I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. Like other posters, I liked the post-race hangout area and the goody bag, and the black t-shirt is quite stylish. It was generally very well organised but I thought it was really odd that the starting areas for the different predicted times weren't marked. I went into the 40-50 minutes area because I asked someone, but if you didn't ask there was no way of telling which area to go into - it wouldn't have taken much to put up a sign.

It was my first time doing the race so I can't compare the route with last year's, but I thought it was a nice route overall and I liked the mix of urban and rural roads. There were loads of supporters out too, which was great and kept me going during the tougher parts. Would definitely do this race again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

kyomi wrote: »
    I enjoyed the race even though I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. Like other posters, I liked the post-race hangout area and the goody bag, and the black t-shirt is quite stylish. It was generally very well organised but I thought it was really odd that the starting areas for the different predicted times weren't marked. I went into the 40-50 minutes area because I asked someone, but if you didn't ask there was no way of telling which area to go into - it wouldn't have taken much to put up a sign.

It was my first time doing the race so I can't compare the route with last year's, but I thought it was a nice route overall and I liked the mix of urban and rural roads. There were loads of supporters out too, which was great and kept me going during the tougher parts. Would definitely do this race again.

Good point about the different starting areas, couldn't see anything myself, it was only I bumped into someone I knew that I found out for definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

kyomi wrote: »

Ha! (Disclaimer, we are friends in real life and went to race together} I think I and my other pals are the cautionary tales who went to the wrong starting area. We were all going for sub 45 but were directed by a Marshall to what turned out to be the over 50 mins section. And we didnt even go to the front as we thought it was 40+ mins! Anyway, didn't harm our times as it was nice and wide to begin with. Overall, I really enjoyed it, loved the course and the water spray and the meeting area in the park, and got a new pb (43.40)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Loved the new course and finish area too. Also think waves really confusing at start. Was at very back in the end so was quite congested for first two km. Overall really enjoyed it and easy to get parking. Nice change from the park.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are results up anywhere than you can search by club?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,627 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Are results up anywhere than you can search by club?
    http://www.tdl.ltd.uk/

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

May have been posted already, but a few photos up here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/eventsandsports/sets/72157634733098335/
    I've spotted myself and KielyU there thus far....

Advertisement