Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal 10k Route Change

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Grand job on the goody bag etc at the end, badly needed! I honestly thought I was in decent shape beforehand, but when I tried to up the pace as we turned on to the downhill section on the dualler, there was nothing there, and instead wave after wave after wave of runners streamed past me for more or less the duration. I was probably asking too much of myself after last week's half marathon, so much so that I ended up with my slowest ever 10k time of 47:20, nearly three and a half minutes slower than my PB set in the ARC. Well done to all who took part or helped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Grand job on the goody bag etc at the end, badly needed! I honestly thought I was in decent shape beforehand, but when I tried to up the pace as we turned on to the downhill section on the dualler, there was nothing there, and instead wave after wave after wave of runners streamed past me for more or less the duration. I was probably asking too much of myself after last week's half marathon, so much so that I ended up with my slowest ever 10k time of 47:20, nearly three and a half minutes slower than my PB set in the ARC. Well done to all who took part or helped out.

I know the feeling. I did the half last weekend and really thought I'd struggle yesterday, so I rested completely all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Found this to be a great even yesterday. Hassle free parking for me and a short walk to the start/finish area. The set up for bag drop and toilets was perfect and little or no queue when I used the toilets. Race started on time. Two well manned water stations and a nice wetting from the civil defence which was welcome at the time.

Thought the course was well set up and is definitely PB potential. Lovely sweeping downhill to the finish with a nice 50m uphill to the line. Great set up through the coral to get your finishers bag and a lovely area to meet up with and talk with other finishers. Despite having a meltdown from 4-6K I managed a small PB which was nice.

Hard to know how many entrants this race could cope with but there was no problem yesterday with around 2,200 odd finishers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Brilliant event, a big well done to the organisers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 RunMD

Great event , Some nice drags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

wideball wrote: »
    The timing mat 50m before the finish line, gives the announcer the details of the runner approaching the finish line. When you cross this, your details appear on a screen to the announcer to allow them say.." X from Y in coming in now...". The finish line mat is the finish line mat that counts.

I got a text which was 6 seconds quicker than my listed chip time but to tell you the truth, the listed one is correct as I was aware what the finish clock time was and it reflected by listed chip time and not my text time.

Very well run race, and kinder course than last years.

Thanks for that...all makes sense now :)
    Yeah my watch time and link time wer the same.. think the text just had the wrong time on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

great race yesterday - flawless organisation - super atmosphere afterwards in the "athletes village". loved the fact that when I got back to my car, turned on my phone, my time had already been texted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Great race and a huge improvement in the course from last year. You can't beat running on the country roads and it was a huge difference from running through various housing estates in the same race last year. Just like last year, the finish in the village was excellent and the crowd were really getting in to it at the line.

Nice addition to the Race Series and adds a bit of variety from all the other distances run in the Phoenix Park. Well done to all the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

great race and well run. Stiff legs today.
    Killerz wrote: »
    May have been posted already, but a few photos up here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/eventsandsports/sets/72157634733098335/

some great snaps there. Any know of anymore?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 RunMD

marathon-photos.com were taking official photographs on the day , but nothing on there site yet , Should be up tomorrow I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Well done to event organisers. Really enjoyed this race from start to finish and took a few minutes off my PB..
    First 3 people I met after the race had also registered PBs

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I was also looking forward to the text with my official time on it but it never arrived.
    The reason - I wore my Half Marathon number instead of the 10k number.
    Only realised it when I got home :(
    It was something around 56mins anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

I was also looking forward to the text with my official time on it but it never arrived.
    The reason - I wore my Half Marathon number instead of the 10k number.
    Only realised it when I got home :(
    It was something around 56mins anyway.

I also failed to receive a text with my time,didnt know this service was available,and i had the correct number on.
    Anyone know why this might have happened?
    My time is up on the web site,so timing chip did work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

ger34 wrote: »
    I also failed to receive a text with my time,didnt know this service was available,and i had the correct number on.
    Anyone know why this might have happened?
    My time is up on the web site,so timing chip did work.

did you definitely give your mobile number when entering? Not a home number or work number etc

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

Ososlo wrote: »
    did you definitely give your mobile number when entering? Not a home number or work number etc

Not sure,will check.Thanks ososlo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Pictures are on www.marathon-photos.com

Advertisement