Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile tyre replacement?

• 03-06-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are there companies around the Dublin area that can come to your bike and fit a new tyre? I don't want to even want ride my bike to a tyre shop, back tyre is very worn.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Don't know of any mobile bike tyre fitters in Dublin, there used to be one but it went out of business.

Im sure with very careful riding you should make it to a bike shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

can you not remove the tyre and bring the wheel to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A dry day and you're good to go, or take the wheel off and bring it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Just take your time and leave plenty of breaking distance. sure the weather is perfect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Thanks for the advise! I'm booked in to a motorcycle shop nearest where I live. I'll just take it extremely slowly to get there. Back tyre is very worn.

They didn't have the back tyre I wanted, but went with what I thought was a reasonably priced Bridgestone BT023. So I'll have a Pirelli Angel ST on the front a Bridgestone BT023 on the rear... is that usually an issue? I didn't think it would be! The front tyre will definitely last through one more rear tyre, so I don't particularly want to change it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Thanks for the advise! I'm booked in to a motorcycle shop nearest where I live. I'll just take it extremely slowly to get there. Back tyre is very worn.

They didn't have the back tyre I wanted, but went with what I thought was a reasonably priced Bridgestone BT023. So I'll have a Pirelli Angel ST on the front a Bridgestone BT023 on the rear... is that usually an issue? I didn't think it would be! The front tyre will definitely last through one more rear tyre, so I don't particularly want to change it as well.

Depends really on the profile of both tyres? is the front Angel a 50 or a 55? And what profile is the rear? Bridgestone are usually a 50 prolfile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

KT10 wrote: »
    Depends really on the profile of both tyres? is the front Angel a 50 or a 55? And what profile is the rear? Bridgestone are usually a 50 prolfile.

Rear is a 180/55. I mentioned this to the garage, so I presume they'll be putting on the same. I'll probably ask now that you mention it. I can't recall what the front is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

That's the tyre mix I run on my bandit with no issues. Just replaced the front angel with another one as I was happy with them

Advertisement