Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of being a rereg troll after just one post - charming.

Options
  • 03-06-2013 10:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭

As the title says, after just one post on the forums, I have received a "permanent" ban and labelled a "re-reg" to top it all off.

You hear stories about how ban happy Boards.ie mods are, but it's not until you actual experience it for yourself that you actual believe it.

Is it asking too much for this to be looked into or is rectification of moderator errors above Boards.ie?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello Earthwalker.

Can you please PM the mod in question first and get back to us if that doesn't sort it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Earthwalker

The moderator is a categorie moderator like yourself and linked me to this forum if I wished to appeal his decision. They were obviously confident enough that I was a rereg, otherwise surely they wouldn't have taken such drastic action as to permanently ban me from the forum and so I fail to see how I fail to see how discussing it with them is appropriate.

Surely if it is something that a chat could sort, then the mod should have PM'd me before issuing the ban and not put that onus on the new user. Seems to me a very arrogant position for a forum to take, to ban new users on suspicion of being rereg users.

I would rather not PM the moderator in question as I feel it far better if he posts his reasoning here of why he permanently banned a new user after their first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The moderator is a categorie moderator like yourself and linked me to this forum if I wished to appeal his decision. They were obviously confident enough that I was a rereg, otherwise surely they wouldn't have taken such drastic action as to permanently ban me from the forum and so I fail to see how I fail to see how discussing it with them is appropriate.

Surely if it is something that a chat could sort, then the mod should have PM'd me before issuing the ban and not put that onus on the new user. Seems to me a very arrogant position for a forum to take, to ban new users on suspicion of being rereg users.

I would rather not PM the moderator in question as I feel it far better if he posts his reasoning here of why he permanently banned a new user after their first post.

Hi Earthwalker.

You were matched to a know re-reg account. It was put up for Admin attention and was discounted. We have lots of re-regs in that particular forum and it would appear you got caught in the cross fire.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused and will lift the ban with immediate effect.

Micky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Earthwalker

Thanks for that but wouldn't moderators save new users (and yourselves) a lot of unnecessary hassle by just waiting for admin to confirm your suspicions?

What was the rush anyway, sure I hadn't posted anything that could be considered trollish or troublesome, and hadn't even posted in the seven or so hours between that first post and you issuing the ban. Just comes across as needless.

Anyway, I do appreciate the lifting of the ban and the apology.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Grand so, marking as resolved.

Apologies again, Earthwalker. There is occasionally collateral damage in the battle against repeat offenders. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement