Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the new EPL season

• 03-06-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭

Now that we are in that lull before the start of a new season , I can't wait , after the anti climax of last year's bore fest . This season should be great , Fergie gone, Chelsea , City re-inforced under new managers, Arsenal stronger than for a long time - with Spurs , Liverpool and Everton on the rise - should be a cracking season , with no clear favourite - and certainly 4 possible winners. Roll on August.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Im stupidly excited for the new season. More than I have ever been. Also excited about this summers transfer window

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Really looking forward to it as a neutral. The respective manager changes in City, United and Chelsea mean it should be very competitive at the top. If Arsenal can carry there late season form into next season, they could well be up there too. That said, consistency, and slow starts, have been Arsenals problem for a couple of seasons now.

Re. Liverpool, Spurs and Everton, I think an argument could be made for all 3 not doing as well as or not improving on last season. Suarez could well leave Liverpool, and they badly need to improve consistency. Bale could leave Spurs, meaning they'll need to replace his goals adequately. And Everton are replacing Moyes with Martinez (Edit: possibly not actually, but losing Moyes is a big blow regardless), a huge gamble in my eyes, personally would be surprise if they finished 6th (or higher) next season.

That said, I'll be happy to be proven wrong on any point.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Bale staying at Spurs and Suarez at Liverpool will be important. I don't think either can win the league but in terms of competitiveness it will be very beneficial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Love him or hate him. Its all about the return of The Special One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

thebaz wrote: »
    Liverpool on the rise

Eh, wha?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

quarryman wrote: »
    Eh, wha?
    Movement of tectonic plates, Liverpool will rise approx 1.4 millimeters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

irish-stew wrote: »
    Love him or hate him. Its all about the return of The Special One.

Ian_Holloway_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The return of the Welsh derby should be interesting

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Interview with Mourinho:

He sounds very different to how he did back in 2004. He's undoubtedly a better manager now than he was then, it's going to be very interesting with him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Interview with Mourinho:

He sounds very different to how he did back in 2004. He's undoubtedly a better manager now than he was then, it's going to be very interesting with him back.

Is he? I think it will be hard to replicate his success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chelsea to win it this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Mou lost his marbles in Madrid. He still has a lot of explaining to do from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Yea Real only got 85 points :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The top 3 teams will have 3 new managers and will have added to their squads, its going to be a great summer and the season promises so much as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

If Fellaini and Baines leave Everton they might really struggle to stay top 6/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

It's jumping the gun to say that any of Spurs, Liverpool or Everton are definitely on the rise. The next couple of months will tell us a lot about what to expect from those clubs. Probably 1 or 2 of those clubs will be improved next season, and 1 or 2 will be weaker. No telling which ones.

There is a real fresh feeling to the Premier League though, I love it already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

justshane wrote: »
    Is he? I think it will be hard to replicate his success.

I'm not saying he will, just that he's hardly regressed as a manager. Management isn't something you tend to get worse at, unless you spend a long time away from it. Managing in different countries will most likely have improved him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Liverpool. Our year!

Had to be said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Re. Liverpool, Spurs and Everton, I think an argument could be made for all 3 not doing as well as or not improving on last season. Suarez could well leave Liverpool, and they badly need to improve consistency. Bale could leave Spurs, meaning they'll need to replace his goals adequately. And Everton are replacing Moyes with Martinez (Edit: possibly not actually, but losing Moyes is a big blow regardless), a huge gamble in my eyes, personally would be surprise if they finished 6th (or higher) next season

These are the three clubs hold the key for carrying on the status quo or mixing it up by what they don't do and what they do in the transfer market. All three clubs need to keep players to really build upon last season and threaten those above them.

Advertisement