Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babys room temp

Options
  • 03-06-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

So since we have been blessed with this fab weather I'm struggling keeping little ones room cool. We shut the blind in day as sun in room in afternoon and I have window open. However it's still very warm- currently 27 in the room now! Would any of you suggest using a fan to cool room at night? And if so I ob don't want it positioned in baba do I?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my 4 month old sleeps in his vest in this weather but he is like a furnace,my 2 year old is asleep in a nappy and a vest. I open the windows during the day and leave the door open but our house lacks insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

& would you still put him in a gro bag moonbeam or just a little blanket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We use Summer pjs which are light shirts and t shirt and a 1 tog gro bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

For parents of babies; what would you put them in at night? A is 5 weeks and we're cosleeping. I'm still putting her in a vest and baby gro and put a blanket over her. Is that too much? The blanket is only placed lightly over her.

I'm also confused about daytime. Do you take the vest off your toddler now? My mam never let us take ours off until the start of June. You'd think I'd know all this at this stage :S

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

You can put a fan in the nursery (I did it all last summer) but don't have it on the baby. Point it away from the cot.

My little one currently sleeps in a long sleeve body suit and a 1.5 tog grobag, but she is used to the heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

How Strange im putting my 6wk old to bed in just a nappy and a vest. He was getting really hot and bottered in anything more and was getting a heat rash. He has 3 cellular blankets over that.

No what to be putting him during the day...i keep trying to look at other babies to see how theyre dressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I am putting 19 month old in a short sleeved vest & pajamas & in a 1 tog gro bag, but do feel it's a bit warm for her. Had both windows wide open all night & then during the night it can get cold so that's not ideal either. It was 25 degrees on the monitor last night. Would any of you leave off the vest or maybe a longsleeved vest with pajama bottoms? I like long sleeves on her as the grobag has no arms.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    I am putting 19 month old in a short sleeved vest & pajamas & in a 1 tog gro bag, but do feel it's a bit warm for her. Had both windows wide open all night & then during the night it can get cold so that's not ideal either. It was 25 degrees on the monitor last night. Would any of you leave off the vest or maybe a longsleeved vest with pajama bottoms? I like long sleeves on her as the grobag has no arms.

I would go with the longsleeved vest and pyjama bottoms with the 1 tog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

My little mans room gets the afternoon sun as well.
    He's 20 months. Last night he slept in just pj bottoms, no vest or top and he kicked his light duvet off. The night before he was in just a short sleeve vest. He runs pretty warm and seems to prefer less clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

For parents of babies; what would you put them in at night? A is 5 weeks and we're cosleeping. I'm still putting her in a vest and baby gro and put a blanket over her. Is that too much? The blanket is only placed lightly over her.

I'm also confused about daytime. Do you take the vest off your toddler now? My mam never let us take ours off until the start of June. You'd think I'd know all this at this stage :S

I have a 2 week old. I've had him in a vest in bed and, a few times, just the nappy. He's under the duvet and squished up against me, and there's no fear of him getting cold. I had him in a babygro and no vest during the day today, seems like plenty.

Never put a vest on my toddler -oops :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

I've been freaking out about the temperature of my little ones room all day. It seems to always be 25-28 the last few days. I have her in a vest, nappy and a very light cotton growbag. Her room gets the sun in the evening so its hard to cool it down enough for her. I have the window open an inch too but we have to keep her bedroom door closed at night so the cats don't get into her cot so I'm terrified of the room being too warm.

Tigerton wrote: »
    I've been freaking out about the temperature of my little ones room all day. It seems to always be 25-28 the last few days. I have her in a vest, nappy and a very light cotton growbag. Her room gets the sun in the evening so its hard to cool it down enough for her. I have the window open an inch too but we have to keep her bedroom door closed at night so the cats don't get into her cot so I'm terrified of the room being too warm.

She'll be fine. Our nursery never went below 31º for most of last summer when A was 6-8 months old. I used to put her to sleep in a sleevless bodysuit and nothing else. I also had a fan in her room, pointing away from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Last night we made the decision to move the cot back into our bedroom. Just felt it was too sticky in our little one's bedroom. She wakes once a night 50% of the time and when she does I take her into the double bed in her room with her & it's sweltering. Last night she woke at 3.40 & she shared the bed with me & her daddy. Felt like I was falling off the edge all night though, not great when you're 17 weeks pregnant & not sleeping great as it is. I know today is supposed to be the last night of the nice weather, but if the humidity continues, I think I'll move into her room on my own tonight after her wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Have you tried looking into a ceiling fan??
    We just moved one into our son's room from the spare room. We used it as a normal light 99 percent of the time but it is a Godsend on nights like last night.
    Our sons room was still showing 25 degreees but it keep a cool breeze going & circulates the air. I actually put a light blanket over my son before going to sleep last night as his arms felt a little cool. Sleep like a log all night though :-)

Advertisement