Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance -have to be 30 years of age?

Options
  • 03-06-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Is it true that you have to be 30 to drive a camper an as some insurance companies won't insure?

Comments

25 years of age in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Is this 25 years of age very strict? I am just in the process of purchasing a camper, have seen this thread and am only 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Dolmen Insurance require a copy of your driving license, that will include your date of birth. Probably best to contact them (and other providers) before completing your purchase.

You could go down the private/commercial route on a self build. As long as it's not registered as a camper.
    Otherwise I have a 23 year old friend who's been driving on German plates since he got his camper. His girlfriend is German though so that makes residency issues easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Looks as if ill go private on a van so!

RUINED PLANS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I got insured as a 24 year old with Dolmen. I had car insurance with Axa, which is the same insurance company Dolmen uses for the camper scheme. On the back of the car insurance Axa were willing to take me on in the scheme. Got the standard camper rate of 350 (380 open drive)

Stuarts Insurance takes < 25 year olds too. I had a converted Ambulance which was against their policy.

Stuarts require 5 years no claims though don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Stuarts require 5 years no claims though don't they?

Not specifically NCB as far as I know, just no claims. Named driving experience would suffice, it did for me at the time I was looking for insurance with Stuarts

Just checked Stuarts

This is on their checklist

- Proof of 5 Years Live No Claims Bonus
    (Up to date on Private Car Policy)

Advertisement