Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hueston Station to Marlay Park

Options
  • 03-06-2013 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

So I'm going to Longitude Music festival for the final day and I'm coming up in the train and I'm just wondering what is the easiest way to get there? I don't really know too much about traveling/commuting in Dublin so any advice would be very helpful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

You could get the LUAS red line to O'Connell Street, then get the 16 bus.

Dubal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

dubal wrote: »

Dubal

Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Or Dublin Bus 145 to D'Olier Street and switch to 16 there, the stops are pretty much right beside each other, you can add the city centre link to your train fare as far as I know, and use either Luas or 90/145 to city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP - Best option is 145 to D'Olier Street. Walk to stop 336 on D'Olier Street and either the 16 will take you directly to Marlay Park, or the 14 will take you to within a 10 minute walk of the park.

There are direct concert buses also according to www.longitude.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mickyellow

Get the Luas to Balally from Stephens Green. Marlay Park is only a 20 minute walk from Dundrum Town Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

mickyellow wrote: »
    Get the Luas to Balally from Stephens Green. Marlay Park is only a 20 minute walk from Dundrum Town Centre

Yeah but as OP doesn't know Dublin well you'd need to tell them how to get from Heuston to Stephens Green, and how well will a stranger to these lands be able to find the road from Balally to Marlay Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mickyellow

Yeah but as OP doesn't know Dublin well you'd need to tell them how to get from Heuston to Stephens Green, and how well will a stranger to these lands be able to find the road from Balally to Marlay Park.

Fair enough. There is a new cycle path from Balllinteer directly to Marlay Park. It's only a 6/7 minute walk from Balally Luas stop. It goes the back of Ludford Estate onto Broadford and directly to Marlay Park. Just giving the OP options. As someone who is from the area, the traffic can be heavy on concert days. If you even have time you can do a pub crawl from the Balally Luas stop to Marley. Rockfield - Coach House - Ballinteer House - St Johns GAA Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

how well will a stranger to these lands be able to find the road from Balally to Marlay Park.

Follow the line of girls in shorts and wellies with bags of cans of Dutch Gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

mickyellow wrote: »

I often go to Dundrum Town Centre when I visit Dublin so getting there is fine how where exactly do I get there from the Luas station? Sorry for the late reply and stupid questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Troxck wrote: »
    I often go to Dundrum Town Centre when I visit Dublin so getting there is fine how where exactly do I get there from the Luas station? Sorry for the late reply and stupid questions

Seriously, just follow the crowds - or look out for the signage for walk/cycleway at the junction with Sandyford Road, opposite the huge RSA offices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Honestly...the first piece of advice was the better/best option...
    dubal wrote: »

BTW, I live opposite the entrance to Marlay Park...in reverse, if I was going to Heuston Station (and I have from here) the above is the only way I would consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would have to agree - OP get the 145 bus to D'Olier Street and then either 14 or 16 bus.

Both are far easier than getting the LUAS to Dundrum.

Advertisement