Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire arms license. Sale / substitution.

Options
  • 03-06-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I recently renewed my firearms license for my 22. My friend just bought it off me and should have his license in the next week or 2. Now I want to replace it with a different 22 rifle. What do I need to do.

Do I just wait for him to get his license and do my substitution then straight away or what's the story does anyone have an idea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Once he has his license back you can sub it for a different rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Well, technically speaking (please dont hate me) shouldnt the rifle your selling your mate be passed on as soon as the licence is received??
    Im selling my 22.buying a 22 from a mate with a substitution, and the mate is buying a 220.but we have to have both 22s in a rfd premises untill the licence is subbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I think that is what he is doing. Once his mates license comes back I presume he will give him the gun. Even if the OP hangs onto it for a while afterwards he is still licensed on it.

He can then go and buy a new gun and sub the license over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ye that's it when he get license I will give the gun over straight away. I think I heard before that after 2 weeks my license will be void anyway. On that rifle anyway. I should have time after he takes the rifle to pic a rifle and substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I would apply for a substitution first seeing as you want a new gun. It will be a lot faster than a new application. It's supposed to be 2 weeks for a substitution but a new application can take up to three months.

Then, if you get your new licence before your friend gets his licence, then you can put the gun into storage with a RFD just while your mate waits for his licence.

Otherwise, you could possibly be without a gun for three months nearly while you wait for a licence on your new gun.

• Advertisement

Well I've no intention in paying for a new application I only renewed a couple of weeks ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Well I've no intention in paying for a new application I only renewed a couple of weeks ago anyway.

Well then the substitution is deffo the way to go so.

Best of luck picking out a new gun.

Cheers BC.

Picking it out is no bother paying for it is the next thing.

Advertisement