Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrow English!

Options
  • 04-06-2013 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

It's 00:00 .. English paper one in 34 hours and 30mins. I'm excited and can't wait to see what the SEC are going to throw at us! How do you feel? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

It's 00:00 .. English paper one in 34 hours and 30mins. I'm excited and can't wait to see what the SEC are going to throw at us! How do you feel? :D

I'm kinda excited tbh :) i think it's going to be fun and peaceful :o i've already packed my bag and stuff, painted my nails for the exam lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    I'm kinda excited tbh :) i think it's going to be fun and peaceful :o i've already packed my bag and stuff, painted my nails for the exam lol..
    Don't forget the lipstick! You know how examiners feel when they see lipstick :pac:

Don't forget the lipstick! You know how examiners feel when they see lipstick :pac:

no stop just shut up. go pack your bag :p are you going to do anything unusual on the morning of the exam? like waking up wayyy early, eating an awesome breakfast, taking a longgg shower etc

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

no stop just shut up. go pack your bag :p are you going to do anything unusual on the morning of the exam? like waking up wayyy early, eating an awesome breakfast, taking a longgg shower etc

I'm going for a walk around the park near my house.

Planning to wake up at 5am hopefully, go to the bathroom, hopefully not drown my self in a sink full of cold water, re-write my 1111 word essay, quickly look over quotes, drink about two cups of tea, get some toast, get some cereal and then try not to cry. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

I'm a little nervous but excited to get started. Hopefully the work will pay off, no point in worrying about it. My grannies and teachers are lighting candles and having mass said for me and all hahaha

_ReyRey_ wrote: »
    I'm a little nervous but excited to get started. Hopefully the work will pay off, no point in worrying about it. My grannies and teachers are lighting candles and having mass said for me and all hahaha

lol so religious, i could use some of a blessing. i think i'll say a prayer in the morning (if i dont forget)

lol so religious, i could use some of a blessing. i think i'll say a prayer in the morning (if i dont forget)

Funny thing is I'm atheist so it doesn't give me any piece of mind. I was also given an angel to keep in my pencil case and 3 exam prayers that I'm supposed to say if I forget an answer!

Funny thing is I'm atheist so it doesn't give me any piece of mind. I was also given an angel to keep in my pencil case and 3 exam prayers that I'm supposed to say if I forget an answer!

Yes, I'm sure God has time for that xD

God will tell you the answer?! :confused::confused::eek::eek: Do the SEC know about this? No wonder people are getting 12 As ...

• Advertisement

im going to waffle in the religion exam and make my handwriting bigger to fill in all the lines provided :p i dont really care about that exam

im going to waffle in the religion exam and make my handwriting bigger to fill in all the lines provided :p i dont really care about that exam

My school doesn't have religion as an exam subject :D Even though it's an all girls catholic school that used to be run by nuns!

Waffling + large handwriting works, I did it in the mocks and came out with an A :).

Waffling + large handwriting works, I did it in the mocks and came out with an A :).

Although I'd stick to doing a proper essay. Everything else can be waffled. Only in religion, though :P

how to have such good grades like you.. no one in my year got a B. all Cs and Ds.. i got 56% woohoo

how to have such good grades like you.. no one in my year got a B. all Cs and Ds.. i got 56% woohoo
    Better than 3% :).

Better than 3% :).

impossible getting 3%! i hate the way they dont give the percentage in the JC :(

impossible getting 3%! i hate the way they dont give the percentage in the JC :(
    A kid in my class feel asleep during the religion exam .. he also failed foundation level maths because he fell asleep ...

A kid in my class feel asleep during the religion exam .. he also failed foundation level maths because he fell asleep ...

Need to get that kid some drugs.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Need to get that kid some drugs.
    He passed higher level English though :confused:. I think he got like 40-45%.

• Advertisement

i wonder what foundation level maths irish and english is like

Sort of like:

Crud, I accidentally marked the page.

*two months later*

78% on exam

The first question on foundation level maths is something like this "23+87+101" and you're allowed to use a calculator *claps*.

LOL xD i know foundation level irish is just like matching and ticking boxes. i think the english one is answering simple question on a comprehension e.g where did sally go after her dinner?

LOL xD i know foundation level irish is just like matching and ticking boxes. i think the english one is answering simple question on a comprehension e.g where did sally go after her dinner?
    I think we should all drop to foundation level english and all get As on it ;).

I think we should all drop to foundation level english and all get As on it ;).

i dont think that's a good idea. doing something on foundation level affects how people see you :/ also in foundation level english, there's studied poetry, novel and drama questions D:

i dont think that's a good idea. doing something on foundation level affects how people see you :/ also in foundation level english, there's studied poetry, novel and drama questions D:

The monsters won't leave us alone. I hate studied drama, novels and poetry. They shouldn't be on the exam. They should be studied, but not tested. There's no need >:I

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    The monsters won't leave us alone. I hate studied drama, novels and poetry. They shouldn't be on the exam. They should be studied, but not tested. There's no need >:I

Yes yes yes I agree with you. I hate the way they are all in one paper. I can't learn that many. My brain would be full of poems, quotes and reasons..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I think I nearly shat a brick... I'm kind of excited though. I'll just relax and finish off learning stuff tomorrow and hopefully that will be it haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Shhtory lads and lassies, just wondering can anybody give me a run-down on how to right an exceptional speech?

I got 53% in my English Mock, I couldn't believe it haha are teacher is ****ttttttttttttt (haven't done anything in 3 years) but still I thought just from personal knowledge that I would breeze the English exam, Obviously the standard is higher than I thought.... To much waffle I guess.

Advertisement