Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrow English!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

tvtvgogo wrote: »
    what poem would be better to learn in detail when you are old by w.b yeats or follower by seamus heaney ?
    Mid-Term Break and Blackberry Picking are both great poems by Sheamus Heaney.

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    im done studying for the day:p on my break now and will be sleeping early tonight :D
    I'm (hopefully) sleeping at 9pm today ;). What about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

same time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Probably going to sleep around 10/11 I got about 5 hours sleep last night and I normally go to sleep at 2am so it's going to be a big change but adrenaline and fear will get me out of bed in the morning

I have a friend who did his JC last year and he didn't sleep. He stayed up all night cramming and writing notes, he said he drank loads of coffe to keep him awake. He got 7 As and 3 Bs in the end :p.

• Advertisement

I have a friend who did his JC last year and he didn't sleep. He stayed up all night cramming and writing notes, he said he drank loads of coffe to keep him awake. He got 7 As and 3 Bs in the end :p.

impossible, so lieessss

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

One word: Modafinil

impossible, so lieessss
    He seemed pretty legit when he told me. He said he would sleep at like 5pm .. wake up at 11pm and then stay up all night cramming or whatnot. Ah well, he didn't get all As so it didn't clearly work :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Am I the only one here that is happy with 2 A's ??:L

examstress wrote: »
    Nope :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

examstress wrote: »

Nope I'd be happy with 2 A's, sure it's better then no A's at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Does anyone (DublinArnie especially) know if you'll lose marks if an examiner can tell that you've learned an essay off by heart? Because it doesn't appear under content, structure, mechanics ect!

Thanks

sotisme wrote: »
    Does anyone (DublinArnie especially) know if you'll lose marks if an examiner can tell that you've learned an essay off by heart? Because it doesn't appear under content, structure, mechanics ect!

Thanks
    I know people who learnt essays off by heart, and they came out with As and Bs on the Junior Cert. They cannot find out ... my teacher encourages us to learn essays ... :rolleyes:

I know people who learnt essays off by heart, and they came out with As and Bs on the Junior Cert. They cannot find out ... my teacher encourages us to learn essays ... :rolleyes:

Ok thanks! One more question:
    Are you meant to give your essay a title?

Ok thanks! One more question:
    Are you meant to give your essay a title?
    Uhm, i'm not sure actually. I didn't give my essay a title on the mocks and it didn't affect my grade... you should probably look at the marking scheme and check if it says anywhere to take marks away if there's no title :).

Uhm, i'm not sure actually. I didn't give my essay a title on the mocks and it didn't affect my grade... you should probably look at the marking scheme and check if it says anywhere to take marks away if there's no title :).

Doesn't the marking sceme just say 'expression=20% ect' ?

Also does anyone know in an essay is it ok to write numbers like 7 instead of writing seven? Like when talking about a hospital, can I say "Ward 7" ?
    Thanks

Doesn't the marking sceme just say 'expression=20% ect' ?

Also does anyone know in an essay is it ok to write numbers like 7 instead of writing seven? Like when talking about a hospital, can I say "Ward 7" ?
    Thanks
    As it is an english exam, you are supposed to write the number in words and not in digits

In the personal writing does it have to be real? As in can i write a story from the point of view of a rat or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

In Personal Writing I think you can do it from any perspective. It would probably impress the examiner more.

Stooped wrote: »
    In Personal Writing I think you can do it from any perspective. It would probably impress the examiner more.

Are you sure now? Because im worried and not sure to trust you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Wait for Arnie, our resident English freak.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Wait for Arnie, our resident English freak.

He must be dead

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BradyShim

Well lads whats the chances that a disaster related essay title will come up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I'm not 100% but wouldn't it say in the question if you had to write it from a human perspective? I mean you could use personification and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

Stooped wrote: »
    I'm not 100% but wouldn't it say in the question if you had to write it from a human perspective? I mean you could use personification and whatnot.

I think you are free to write in any form you wish :)

Should i ask a teacher tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

Has anybody packed their bags yet or anyone have any last minute tips ???

You can write in any perspective. I remember in second year our teacher made us write "Life of a broomstick". Any perspective will do, but personally do a realistic perspective. You want the examiner to believe that the story is real, and not a joke etc. Always try make your story/debate as real as possible, that creates interest. The best way to do this is to talk about something that has happened to you etc.

Overall, you can write as a shoe if you want. Be creative!:)

He must be dead
    I was practicing my timing, i've managed to write my essay in 35mins a few minutes ago (got 37mins yesterday). My hand is dead, i'm trying to get about 950 words (5 A4 pages) in under 30mins. Will try again in about two hours :).

• Advertisement

I was practicing my timing, i've managed to write my essay in 35mins a few minutes ago (got 37mins yesterday). My hand is dead, i'm trying to get about 950 words (5 A4 pages) in under 30mins. Will try again in about two hours :).

I have a feeling I won't get my essay done..

Advertisement