Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrow English!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 adam_G_98

If i somehow go blank trying to think of a poem (hopefully I don't) would it be possible to use a song if it fits theme?
    I've heard of people doing it before and getting B's or A's so maybe it'd work

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BradyShim

Best food to eat at lunch before paper 2? il probably need as much energy as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahmg908

adam_G_98 wrote: »
    I know teachers like to make it sound as if quotes are super important but how many marks would you lose for a lack of them?

well if you don't know any at all, just make SURE to refer to the book/drama/poem. If the question asks you to add in quotes, just pick the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

What time is everyone going to bed at ????

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

juniors wrote: »

I want to get into bed now and read, but I can't, I'm too jumpy.

• Advertisement

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I want to get into bed now and read, but I can't, I'm too jumpy.

Ye im starting to feel the same its horrible can't wait till its all over

We're all going to be sweating tomorrow stuck in that exam hall ohh ggod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

juniors wrote: »

now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

What would you need to know for The Merchant Of Venice & To Kill A Mockingbird?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

What would you need to know for The Merchant Of Venice & To Kill A Mockingbird?

To Kill a Mockingbird:

A character, a theme, a relationship and a scene you liked, preferably a beginning or ending as that covers two questions I've seen. You could probably choose to leave one of those out as you have the option of two questions.

• Advertisement

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    To Kill a Mockingbird:

A character, a theme, a relationship and a scene you liked, preferably a beginning or ending as that covers two questions I've seen. You could probably choose to leave one of those out as you have the option of two questions.

Thanks, Now all I need to know is what to learn for the Merchant Of Venice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Ah bit late now? You only have a few hours to go to know what to learn for Merchant of Venice :p

Ah bit late now? You only have a few hours to go to know what to learn for Merchant of Venice :p

I'ts never too late ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I'ts never too late ;)

so true

I'm cramming in so much sample answers right now hahaha

so true

I'm cramming in so much sample answers right now hahaha

I'm only learning off the stuff now, but I learn quick so I should be OK

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

Myself and a few more lads are enjoying a few pints before tomorrows exam. Thats the beauty of ol!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I'm more worried than my mam is so that's a relief! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Hello, Guys
    Does anyone have a good opening to a ''speech'' for personal writting
    This is all I have so far:
    Ladies and gentleman,fellow students and friends, we are here today to discuss about the issue of …….
    but as you can see it is very small and never the less ''not HL material'' !!
    Because knowing that speeches come up every year for personal writing I decided to study them instead of debates ?? is that good???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://leavingcertenglish.net/2011/04/speechdebateradio-talk/
    This is an excellent resource for tips on writing a speech or debate, it's written for LC students but the principles are the same.
    Good luck tomorrow, don't stress!

dee_mc wrote: »
    http://leavingcertenglish.net/2011/04/speechdebateradio-talk/
    This is an excellent resource for tips on writing a speech or debate, it's written for LC students but the principles are the same.
    Good luck tomorrow, don't stress!

I see, thank you very much, but the opening she presented I do not thin I can use that as I am a one person writing a speech not representing someone
    The notes however are fab, do you have any openings ??
    I received this from a fellow JC,
    Chairperson, adjudicators, members of the opposition, fellow team mates, ladies and gentleman, I have great pleasure in proposing/opposing the motion today that......
    Thanks

• Advertisement

zubikhan wrote: »
    I see, thank you very much, but the opening she presented I do not thin I can use that as I am a one person writing a speech not representing someone
    The notes however are fab, do you have any openings ??
    I received this from a fellow JC,
    Chairperson, adjudicators, members of the opposition, fellow team mates, ladies and gentleman, I have great pleasure in proposing/opposing the motion today that......
    Thanks
    Personally when debating I always started with good morning/good afternoon chairperson, adjudicators.....
    Either is fine.
    :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Personally when debating I always started with good morning/good afternoon chairperson, adjudicators.....
    Either is fine.
    :)

Would it be alright for speech, because I have not seen any questions regarding ''debates''

You don't actually need a fancy intro for a speech. I would just go with 'Good morning fellow students/Principal and teachers/parents and members of the Board of Management', then come right in with your topic etc. You can start with a quote or statistic if you wish, it's wide open to interpretation really, just make sure you welcome/greet your audience and you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PodgeD1997

Stooped wrote: »
    I'm more worried than my mam is so that's a relief! :o

Same Duffy. Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

PodgeD1997 wrote: »
    Same Duffy. Same.

Sure their paths crossed in Tesco last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

So happy English is over.

Advertisement