Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home CCTV

Options
  • 04-06-2013 5:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi. Myself and Neighbours are having a issues with kids/teens tampering with our cars in the estate. Was looking for advice on a camera that will record day/night and on a DVR. Camera would really have to be wireless because of where we need to locate it on the side of apartment block.
    The camera would be from the 3rd floor looking down and would have to be able to zoom the distance over the over side of road.
    Any advice would be great, I don't wanna purchase wrong thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

......Camera would really have to be wireless because of where we need to locate it on the side of apartment block....
    The camera would be from the 3rd floor looking down.....

Please remember that a wireless camera needs to have a power source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

I understand that. Where I'm putting it I could reach it for battery's but it be awkward to run a wire

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If this is for an apartment block or complex you really should be contacting the management company before mounting any external CCTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Ill be putting it just off my balcony , plan on taking it down when I find who's at tha cars. Any help would be great

Advertisement