Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 14/15

Options
  • 04-06-2013 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi All,
    Can anybody tell me how full a 14/15 would be by the time it reaches Marino.

I am hoping to get it to Earlsfort Terrace around 8:30 but am worried that both services would be full at that stage.

Would I be better to walk to Donnycarney

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

You should be ok. I get both buses and 90% of the time they would never be full. Also it's coming in to the summer holiday and there is always plenty of room then.

A word of warning though if its raining very heavy walking to Donnycarney won't help you. I have often stood for 3/4 of an hour waiting for a bus on rainy day. And for some reason if its raining on a Tuesday, it's even harder to get a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should be fine. Going to Donnycarney would be somewhat mad and indeed on a grander scale would be counter productive.

If there is a problem, there are lots more buses along Fairview - the ones from the Howth Road and Clontarf are added. You can also get the 123 which starts from from Griffith Avenue and goes through Marino.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=map&searchquery=%2853.319035,-6.277634,2476%29
    Bus Stop No. 614
    Fairview, Footbridge

Routes serving this stop:
    14 Towards Dundrum Luas Station
    14c Towards Beaumont / Dundrum
    15 Towards Ballycullen Rd.
    27 Towards Jobstown
    27a Towards Eden Quay
    27b Towards Eden Quay
    27x Towards UCD Belfield
    29a Towards Lwr. Abbey St.
    31 Towards Lwr. Abbey St.
    31a Towards Lwr. Abbey St.
    31b Towards Lwr. Abbey St.
    32 Towards Lwr. Abbey St.
    32x Towards Malahide
    42 Towards Eden Quay
    43 Towards Eden Quay
    130 Towards Lwr. Abbey St.

The following services go to Earlsfort Terrace

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=map&searchquery=%2853.332728,-6.259941,1015%29
    Bus Stop No. 1014
    Earlsfort Tce, Leeson Street

14 Towards Dundrum Luas Station
    140 Towards Palmerston Park
    142 Towards Rathmines (Palmerston Park)
    15 Towards Ballycullen Rd.
    15a Towards Limekiln Ave.
    15b Towards Stocking Ave.

Bus Stop No. 1013
    Earlsfort Tce, Leeson St