Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migration Agent Responsibilities

Options
  • 04-06-2013 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I used the services of Migration Agent to assist with my skilled visa submission. Just got an email from them saying they are obliged to have my current details on record. This is to allow Department of Immigration & Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs contact me in case of visa related issues. Just want to check this is correct or is just a way for them keeping tabs on me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

As in they want you to update them every time you move?

Are you on some sort of state sponsored visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

I'm on a NSW State Skilled Sponsored visa. I have been in regular contact with a section of Industry and Investment department of NSW government since I have arrived per conditions of my visa. I fill out surveys for them on experiences so far. They have all necessary contact details for me.

I have been in Sydney for 9 months now and have not heard from Migration Agent since got visa early last year till today. The email from them said had to supply them with home address, employment details and all methods of contact i.e personal & work phone numbers & email addresses.

I tried to ring agent but was not available. I'm told they will ring me back later today. Also sent an email asking for them to clarify and they sent me email just saying I had to provide the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yeah that sounds a bit weird to me.

When you think about it what can they do, thats the question I would be asking

"What if I don't?"

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

I now know what the email was in relation to. Looks like they wanted to assist me with my first tax return probably for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Call immigration and ask. No brainer really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement