Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead: 400 Days

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't see us getting much of an attachment to a character over 15-20 minutes of playtime. Will definitely still buy it, but not expecting it to be anything like the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Kiith wrote: »
    I can't see us getting much of an attachment to a character over 15-20 minutes of playtime. Will definitely still buy it, but not expecting it to be anything like the first game.

True, but a poor episode now might sour people's thoughts on buying Season 2 so TellTale will need to make sure this is some what decent. I reckon it will be a cliffhanger type episode. Something to whet our whistle and have us craving for more. In fact, this episode could be the marketing/advertising for Season 2. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

This is sounding more and more like a cheap cash-in, for once i think i'll wait a few days after it's been released before i pay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Kiith wrote: »

Where are you reading that its 15-20 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It was somewhere in an interview. 4 or 5 mini episiodes at 15 to 20 minutes each. Each episode about a different character. Man will have to be very careful of spoilers as it's out today in the US and I won't get to play it til next wednesday (Euro PS3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can't play the Walking Dead on my PS3 anymore. Keep on getting an error code every time I try to start it up. I have deleted it and re downloaded it 3 times now. I finished it on the 360 no problem but it's very buggy on the PS3, the camera view keeps glitching outside the game world and freezing when it did work but it's dead now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

hope it goes really cheap on amazon like how I got the first game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I can't play the Walking Dead on my PS3 anymore. Keep on getting an error code every time I try to start it up. I have deleted it and re downloaded it 3 times now. I finished it on the 360 no problem but it's very buggy on the PS3, the camera view keeps glitching outside the game world and freezing when it did work but it's dead now?

Did you delete your data too?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you delete your data too?

Ah, you might be on to something there.

Trophies were released for this. Just trophies for clearing each chapter like before but there is one I can't wait to get

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/the-walking-dead/trophies/
    Reunited: Found an old friend

• Advertisement

The trophy list updated on my PS3 with the latest patch. No point in spoilers, everyone with game installed now can see the list.

Got my game working again though. Had to delete my save files. The game data was fine but the saves were corrupted. Have to go through it all again for Friday.

Will 400 days require a save of the first season at all?

Score from IGN for PS3
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/07/02/the-walking-dead-400-days-review

So it's just a one off.

Strange that its not on steam yet

Grimebox wrote: »
    Will 400 days require a save of the first season at all?

No, it will follow a cannon story line if you have no S1 save file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No, it will follow a cannon story line if you have no S1 save file.

Did they release a canon storyline? Anyone got a link or a summary? Cheers.

Orim wrote: »
    Did they release a canon storyline? Anyone got a link or a summary? Cheers.

They had to because you don't have to play or complete season one to play 400 days but the developers highly recommend you do complete s1 before 400 days as you will enjoy the latter much more and not be left scratching your head at certain points when certain events or people show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Crap !!! Checked steam to see if I still had TWD installed, noticed I only had 40/48 of achievements....
    Checked DLC link to the right, ...not DLC for this game out yet..
    So...checked achievements to see what I was missing.....spoilers... :( ...obviously they're from the upcoming game/content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

They had to because you don't have to play or complete season one to play 400 days but the developers highly recommend you do complete s1 before 400 days as you will enjoy the latter much more and not be left scratching your head at certain points when certain events or people show up.

I've played S1 but I'm just curious as to how the canon story would match up with my own playthrough.

Apparently it's free if you bought S1 on the Telltale store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

So is it out or what? I couldn't find it on Steam.

• Advertisement

Newaglish wrote: »
    So is it out or what? I couldn't find it on Steam.

It's not even on the Telltale store :confused:

Played 2 of the char, they have no appeal whatsoever....unless I get to play these characters at a later point....do I ?..

Basically you get 5 chars..and about 15-20 mins with each. But is this gonna be an each week thing, where they continue the stories of said characters ?

Also, because I formatted not too long ago, I had to go with a 'generic' storyline from the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just finished it there, I enjoyed it anyway. It was only a fiver so I don't regret buying it.
    Nothing as good as the first season but obviously its just a way to bring people up to speed on the characters for the second season.

Ok finished it, relatively happy with the content and story for 5 euro

However I'm a bit annoyed with the outcome
    Everyone came with the girl at the end, except the Asian dude...who I wanted to go more than anyone, I hope that's not the end of him in the game/next game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm shocked more boardsie's aren't talking about this. Maybe nobody has played it? :( I'm so curious to see what impact the choices made. Here are mine :
    For Vince the Asian prisoner who I did first, I shot Justin, the pyramid scheme banker guy. He seemed like a decent chap but the other guy looked like he could handle himself more and would be more useful.....statutory rape stuff not withstanding. Apparently this was the "bad" choice because Vince didn't go with the new group and stayed in the camp at the end. I assume if you shoot Danny instead, Vince will go to the new camp?

I did Bonnie's story second. She was clearly having an affair with Leland, the old man. I accidentally clocked his wife and then I lied to him about it. He took the mysterious pack she had stolen and brought it with us. Bonnie joins the new group at the end.

For Wyatt who I did third, I did rock paper scissors like 6 times and we kept picking the same one :P. Eventually he won and I got out of the car. I dragged the body back but my buddy left me there alone. Wyatt ended up coming in the end to the new group. I wonder what happens if you stay in the car instead?

I did Shel's story fourth. The weird looking guy with no English showed up. My initial instinct was to fill him full of lead but when it came down to it, I let him live simply because he was unarmed, and completely beat up. My logic was that a bandit would have a weapon, and wouldn't look half dead. So I let him go and apparently it leads to an attack.
    Does that attack still happen if you kill him? Stephanie apparently stole food and supplies and was caught and the decision is whether to drive away with your sister or kill Stephanie for stealing from the group. I chose to kill her. Going it alone would be suicide and staying in the group means playing by their rules. So I shot her. Shel didn't come in the end with the new group and stayed in the old camp so I assume I did this one "wrong".

I did Russell's story last and it confused the hell out of me. Your man who picks you up seemed like a total psycho. And I just didn't understand what was going on at all. Who was he? Why did he want to kill the two old people? Very confused. Although I'm fairly sure the old couple are the guys from Savannah in season one....the ones that Lee finds in the morgue. Anyway, I left the psycho there and you can hear shots fired as he walks away. So clearly that's where the blood stain that Shel stares at comes from. Russell was convinced by yer black wan to join the new group when she mentions that he might find somebody he knows.

So in the end, 3 out of the 5 join the group. What happens in season 2 to the characters that don't join the group?

I've got to be honest, I somewhat enjoyed it but it feels incredibly disjointed.

I only played the one where you are in the bus on the way to the jail so far.
    I thought it wasn't great. The characters are very quick to shoot a man's leg off after seeing the zombies for only a minute. I didn't feel real at all

In relation to yours
    I did the same with Vince, shot the banker, he didn't go with the group ...he was the character I wanted to most...I hope this doesn't effect the next season or him being omitted

Bonnie, I told him the truth that I killed her by accident, she went with the group...he took the pack..but obviously dies along the way somehow

Wyatt, same happened me, lost RPS and he left me, Wyatt joined the group

For Shel, I let the man go, and I refused to kill my friend and drove off in the RV instead - Shel and the kid joined the group

For russel, I was alway apprehensive about that guy, In fact...I tried to shoot him in the head when I was covering him with the option [SHOOT HIM]......but he doesn't, and the man takes the gun off you
    I walked away

Russell joined the group

I'll probably play through it again just to get all them to join the group, the game was pretty short...Wyatts story was by far the most boring.

Smashing the guys wife in the face with the crowbar and having to shoot off someones leg were the only real parts where I went WTF !

quote - I'm shocked more boardsie's aren't talking about this. Maybe nobody has played it?

Still waiting till Wednesday for PSN release :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, and on STEAM it's the old Splashscreen for Walking Dead with 'New DCL Available' underneath it, they could have done with advertising it more to show what the new content is.

Because when you click on TWD splashscreen to take you to the page, you are still presented with the old game, you need to scroll down to find the DCL - 400 days

Advertisement